Help making a specialty flashlight

davidsbr1

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
I work at a start up company that makes products for eye doctors. We have a specific led flashlight we would like made. I don't know how to get connected with an OEM manufacturer to make it to the specs we want. I initially called Coast and they didn't return my calls. Then I called FourSevens because I have a two of their lights and am happy with the quality but the gentleman I spoke with was very polite but said they didn't do any collaborative or custom builds. He advised me to make a post here asking for suggestions. I would like an OEM that is based in the US. The volume would not be high, maybe a run of a few hundred to start to see how sales are. We are based in St. Louis, MO. Any suggestions? Thank you very much for your help. We would plan to go into specifics of the light design with whomever is willing to manufacture it.
Regards,
BD

davidsbr1

Newly Enlightened
Can you recommend an OEM Flashlight manufacturer?

Hello,
I work for a company in St. Louis that makes products for eye doctors. We have a flashlight we want made. I called Four Sevens for help and they said they don't do collaborative projects and advised me to come here. Can you recommend an OEM manufacturer who might be willing to work with us on the design and manufacturing?
Many Thanks,
BD

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Can you recommend an OEM Flashlight manufacturer?

Howdy David, and welcome to CPF :D.
I'm not sure I can be of any help, but since nobody else has replied, maybe I can get the ball rolling.

I think the best way to get started would be to visit our sister website, CPFMarketplace:
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com

Check out the Manufacturer's Corner and PM each of those. Also, check out the Dealer's Corner. You'll see some folks there that make small runs of specialty flashlights. PM those dealers and ask if they might be able to hook you up, or act as an intermediary.

Anyway, I'll do some more thinking on this, and hopefully some other folks will chime in here with even better suggestions. Good luck.