Malkoff MD60 and AW Soft Start

Esthan

Enlightened
Has anyone any info if Malkoff MD60 Module is compatible with the AW Soft Start 3 Level Switch.

I have an M3T that I rarely use and would like to upgrade it for a LED as backup - but since during the modding process to fit the AW in, the original switch insides got a bit damaged :( and investing in a new switch isn't a comforting idea - I'd like the AW to stay in my M3T.

If it isn't compatible, are there any other currently available dropins for the T heads that might work with AW's switch?

Przemek

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
if need be, you could look for a second Z41 tail cap. :(

I don't know the answer as to Malkoff-AW softstart compatibility

donn_

Flashaholic
I'm currently running an MD60 tower in an M6 fitted with the AW soft-start switch, and it's working. In the past, there has been some controversy about running the soft-start with LEDs, and AW doesn't support the activity.

Esthan

Enlightened
Thanks for the info :)

Are 3 levels working issue Free?

Last edited:

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
IIRC the AW switch uses low frequency PWM which is perfectly fine for incandescent but not for LED. So even if it does work the strobing effect would be pretty noticeable on low and med modes.

donn_

Flashaholic
All 4 modes (including flashing) work issue free, and there is no noticeable strobing or flicker in any of the levels. It doesn't seem to have the same amount of separation between levels as with an incan lamp, so the low isn't as low as I'd like, but it's better than high only.