UZI 3 LED same light as Dorcy 1AA?

JJHitt

Enlightened
Not 100% positive, but from the photos I've seen it looks like the UZI (United Cutlery) 3 LED lamp is the ezact same light as the DOrcy 1AA light.

This could be good news as the UZI lights are offered at a lot of websites.

JJHitt

Enlightened
They're all over, but the photograph that was a tip off was in a print catalog. The tailswitch, including the goofy wire hanger and the decorative semi-knurling was identical to the Dorcy tailswitch.

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
zf0006bkfb.jpg

http://store.knifecenter.com/pgi-ProductSpec?ZF0006BKFB

Cosmetically, the UZI here is quite different (black, no rubber grip mid-section, labeling, head shape, but internally, I wouldn't know.

[Edit]: The LEDs appear more exposed than the recessed ones of the Dorcy.

My guess: 80% chance it's a re-branded clone. Anyone else?

Cmoore

Enlightened
I think the same Taiwan-based manufacturer (don't know the company name) is making the Dorcy and UZI branded AA 3-LED lights. Also, the Dorcy AAA appears to be made by this same manufacturer.

schuster

Newly Enlightened
I ordered one of the UZI variety. The actual flashlight is not exactly as pictured. The body is not smooth but rather stepped with rubber grips like the Dorcy. The LED's are recessed behind a silver collar which has 3 individual holes for the LED's to shine through. The beam is tighter than the Dorcy; you can't discern 3 separate beams the way I can with the Dorcy. The light is also greener. One LED is also visibly weaker when the voltage drops.

They bear a kindred resemblance, and undoubtedly came from the same factory ... but they are distinct models.

JJHitt

Enlightened
I got one on sale and mine doesn't look like the above picture either. Until the Dorcy's show up in stores around here, this one is 'close enough'.