Slight stain on reflecting surface of the TIR near the LED of my new SF E2D Ultra.

hassiman

Newly Enlightened
I just got my new SureFire E2D Ultra and was examining it and notice that there were 2 small irregularities on the reflecting surface of the TIR right near the LED.:huh: Is this something that I shoul worry about? :confused: I have not seen any other E2D Ultras so I don't know if this is a common problem.

Has anyone out there With an E2DU noticed anything like this on their lights?:confused:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Does it look anything like this 'spot' on the TIR of my recently-rec'd SF L1 replacement head?
SFL1emitter1.jpg

hassiman

Newly Enlightened
No... not like that black spot... but it does look like the small group of white spots which appear at about 5:30 in your picture only my spots are much closer to the LED chip...
Great shot by the way...

Love the E2D U.... great light. really fantastic.

Raze

Enlightened
Slight stain on reflecting surface of the TIR near the LED of my new SF E2D U...

I have that on my my SF E2DL. It's an air bubble of sort, and it bothered the heck outta me.

But it didn't seem to affect the performance of the light, nor produce any artifacts.

[Edit]
Here's a shot of it. It's at 11 o'clock.

yhe6y8eb.jpg

Last edited:

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Slight stain on reflecting surface of the TIR near the LED of my new SF E2D U...

is it optical illusion, or the led isn't centered?? it would be ok for some cheap light but not for SF.

hassiman

Newly Enlightened
Re: Slight stain on reflecting surface of the TIR near the LED of my new SF E2D U...

SureFire's warranty is so good that if you are not satisfied just send it in and they will fix it.... At this point my E2D Ultra light seems to work perfectly.

Latest posts