CNC triple xm-l Raptor front bumper light build

gt40

Enlightened
This is my first attempt to make a light entirely with cnc since I converted my Precision Mathews PM45m mill to cnc. It is designed to fit flush in the front Addictive Desert Design bumper on my ford Raptor truck. When I ordered the bumper, I had them make a custom plate so I could mount lights in the bumper itself. The lights will be cerakoted and each light is a triple xm-l board running task led driver. The body of the light is designed to fit tight in the bumper and transfer heat to the bumper as well as act as a heat sink.

Rendering:

Top:
truck%20top%20render.jpg

Bottom:
truck%20bottom%20render.jpg

Machined top:
IMG_0334.jpg

Bottom:
IMG_0332.jpg

Test fitting in the bumper:
IMG_0341.jpg

There will be 4 of these to fit in the cutouts on the bumper. Should be 10k + lumens with the flick of a switch.

Video of the part being machined:

https://vimeo.com/69962598

I will post more after I make the back. The whole light will then be cerakoted and mounted.

FYI, It took 1 hour to measure and draw the part in cad and 15 minutes to machine the top + 5 minutes to setup and cut and profile the bottom hole. I am really happy to be able to draw something out and actually see it take form. The best part was drawing it out in cad and then seeing the finished part fit perfect.

Thanks for looking :)

Last edited:

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice! That will be a much cleaner install than the rigid lights. Plus you can choose whatever led tint you want. I never liked the Rigid lights because the leds they use are too cool. They need to be more neutral.

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tested one of these boards mounted on a piece of steel to make sure it will run cool enough?

Oh, and Vimeo says your movies are all private and I can't get in.

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should make some covers for them, so's when you are driving on the road they are covered up and nothing will break them. Also, so that they aren't visible when driving on roads.