SureFire E2D Ultra: INCREDIBLE!

hassiman

Newly Enlightened
Just what I was looking for. Like having a car headlight in my hands. Plenty of throw with enough side flood to see what's around.

I LOVE this light!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
I removed the head and stuck it on a LX2 body. Its close to perfect now. Just the right amount of power and throw with a nice low that comes on first.

LEDburn

Enlightened
If you're interested in sheer output and latest tech, I suggest you look at other brands, you'll soon realize your car headlight like beam aint that good afterall.
If you're interested in peformance and reliability, well, I wont begin that debate ;-P

hassiman

Newly Enlightened
I know that there is a lot out there that is probably a whole lot brighter but SureFire's warranty work is great and I wanted to buy Made in the USA and not China.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why? Very simple reasons for me. Top notch customer service and warranty unparalleled if I were to go Chinese made. I have Chinese made lights that failed after the warranty is over. Who am I going to approach for that?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just to provide a quick example without trying to derail this thread, I bought into Zebralight because of all the hype about it's reliability, but a few have started exhibiting issues with unresponsive switching. Now of course, any company, SF included, will have problems with their products. The question is who would be standing by behind their products years down the road?

Phry

Banned
Just to provide a quick example without trying to derail this thread, I bought into Zebralight because of all the hype about it's reliability, but a few have started exhibiting issues with unresponsive switching. Now of course, any company, SF included, will have problems with their products. The question is who would be standing by behind their products years down the road?

Sigh. Yeah you sound like you should buy Surefire.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am in fact. And I have been pretty happy with their customer service so far. Granted, it would be best not to have to call them, but I am pretty confident they will be there for me should I call up.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats on your purchase. It'll provide you years of service.
There's a lot of jealousy and sour grapes here. Don't be discouraged.

hassiman

Newly Enlightened
I think that the bottom line is that I have used SureFire products for years and I have been happy with them.... and more importantly I would rather see my dollars spent in a way that keeps more Americans working in this tough economy.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
So hassiman, other than what you have described above in your opening post, is there anything you can tell us about the E2DL Ultra? How about the tint color on both high and low?

Phil21

Newly Enlightened
This is on my wishlist :) Hopefully I can convince someone to get it for my birthday ;)

I'm curious how it compares to the Quark Turbo QB2L-X which I just received. The surefire looks to be more compact, so I'm guessing the light profile is quite a bit different even though lumen output is about the same.

Hopefully someday I'll have both in-hand to compare! It was just hard to justify the extra $150+ for a flashlight that will stay in my car most of it's life.

-Phil

hassiman

Newly Enlightened
I have found that the tint on HIGH is a bit to the greenish but not overly so. I find that the 5 Lumen low setting does not seem to have any color cast but is just right for walking the dog at night. The high setting is perfect for spotting any Yotes or other creatures that might be lurking about. The back splash from the high beam is enough to almost blind me at night.:huh: If shined directly at an assailant it would be enough to blind them for quite a while. Light is small and unobtrusive... non threatening.

Fit and finish is superb.:thumbsup:

So hassiman, other than what you have described above in your opening post, is there anything you can tell us about the E2DL Ultra? How about the tint color on both high and low?

Cereal_Killer

Enlightened
Why buy a surefire? There are many reasons and if you have to ask you dont understand. Brand loyalty, because there's just something about a surefire. Sure they're not the brightest and newest cutting edge technology but they are more than capabiable of providing light, are very reliable and at the end of the day its a surefire. Another reason is in the production light world surefires retain (or even go up in) value very well, you'll be hard pressed to find another brand which continues to sell on the used market at as close to full value as surefire.

Why do people continue to buy new S&W J frame revolvers or the [still produced] colt single actions? Because that's what they want, because there's just something about owning that particular item. Same issue with old cars... Years from now your now several time outdated [insert your brand here] flashlight will just be another old outdated flashlight, his old outdated surefire will still be a surefire.

If you don't like surefires that's fine with me, one less person to bid against me on the ones I want, but there's no reason to come dog on them in his thread, he obvisouly loves his, that's what this thread is about.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have found that the tint on HIGH is a bit to the greenish but not overly so. I find that the 5 Lumen low setting does not seem to have any color cast but is just right for walking the dog at night. The high setting is perfect for spotting any Yotes or other creatures that might be lurking about. The back splash from the high beam is enough to almost blind me at night.:huh: If shined directly at an assailant it would be enough to blind them for quite a while. Light is small and unobtrusive... non threatening.

Fit and finish is superb.:thumbsup:
I am looking forward to this light. Thanks!