Fenix LD12 Issue...

spyderman24-7

Newly Enlightened
Just opened a N.I.B. Fenix LD12 that I purchased from a local sporting goods store. Installed the included alkaline (1.6v tested), screwed on the tail cap and nothing is happening. It appears the tail cap must make solid contact with the barrel of the flashlight and may require a bit more tightening, but wanted to be sure I'm not overlooking anything before doing so. It's a bit irritating to spend this much on a light and have no light. Thanks in advance!

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't own this light, but the usual method to determine if a problem is with the clicky or the head is to use a paper clip to bridge the batt's negative terminal with the naked edge of the tube. If it lights, problem is with the clicky - if not, then problem is in the head.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check that the head is tight, the tailcap is tight, the internal tailcap ring is tight.
Try different batteries. It happens but for a Fenix to be dead out of the box is unsual!

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
Yes check the head. It seems to me that lights that are brand new out of the box are sometimes quirky. My LD12 needed the head tightened before it would work.

spyderman24-7

Newly Enlightened
You guys hit the nail on the head... tinkered with it and found the head to be about 1/4 turn loose. The light works great and I'm a bit surprised that much light is generated from a single AA.