New member! Need some help with Fenix E15 components please (or similar flashlight)

1911operator

Newly Enlightened
I have read a few posts here and there, now I finally made an account! :wave:

Im looking on replicating a Fenix E15 or a similar compact light. A little bit of a background, I am a design student who is really bad with electronics, and I see it as a weakness for someone in my field. So, now im looking at doing a flashlight project for fun and the 170 Lumen 1.5hr+ run time of the Fenix E15 is ideal for my project. Can anyone help me with a parts list or a few links?

I know I need a Cree led, a circuit board and im gonna be running it off a surefire or higher end CR123 battery.

My main goal for this project:
- 170-210 Lumens (white light)
- Runtime: 1.5hr minimum for the (high) mode
- modes: high, med, and strobe
- power: (1) CR123 battery

So far I have this:
LED - http://dx.com/p/cree-xpe-wc-q5-led-emitter-on-12-8mm-base-25499
Circuit board - http://dx.com/p/3v-8-4v-5w-cree-5-mode-memory-circuit-board-for-flashlights-16-7mm-6-3mm-26108

I believe I can get more of a compact and power efficient package than this, but like I said, im not too good with electronics and im trying to change that. Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited:

blademan

Enlightened
i would think that you could just add an XPG2 led to the fenix and have what you want minus the strobe.

1911operator

Newly Enlightened
I was just looking at the XP-G led last night. So what kind of driver would give me 3 modes and allow me to run a high mode of roughly 170-230 Lumens for 1.5 hours or so?

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just looking at the XP-G led last night. So what kind of driver would give me 3 modes and allow me to run a high mode of roughly 170-230 Lumens for 1.5 hours or so?

save yourtime and get this one or this or this or this this

just a suggestions base on past experiences - if you really want to bulit one,you must use a good driver such as from the sandwich shoppe but the only issue with the sandwich shoppe circuit driver is the diameter - a bit too small unless you can get something to fit it in the light heatsink.

Latest posts