Has any got a Nitecore SRT3 yet?

jimbobUK

Newly Enlightened
After a long period of flashlight abstinence the new Nitecore SRT series have drawn me back in....
Only problem is that no one has reviewed the SRT3 yet, which is the one I really want. It's small and can use AAs if i need to - so pretty much replaces everything I got - apart from maybe my E01.
Is it actaully available in the US yet? All the UK suppliers are saying they have it in stock.

So, has anyone got one yet?

Speedfreakz

Newly Enlightened
Just unpacked mine. I also have a srt7.
Some inital quick impressions:
The clip is screwed into the flashlight as opposed tot he srt7 which is just a clip on.
The tail has a complete ring around it so it will tail stand better then the 7.
The standby mode in the 7 interface has been replaced with "lower" mode which the manual says is .1 lumen
Has the other modes as the 7 with the exception of the green.
Only one multi color led which gives red and blue. The 7 has 3; red green and blue.
Works well with a cr123 and an aa eneloop. I have to look for my rcr123 to try it
The 7 is 6.25" long. The 3 with the 123 is just a touch under 4" and just a touch under 4.75" with the aa extender
The ring is as smooth as the 7 and I can operate it one handed to change modes.
Comes with the lanyard, holster, spare button and 2 o rings

Now I have to get back to work:scowl:

InquisitiveInquirer

Enlightened
Just unpacked mine. I also have a srt7.

When you've time, do you think you could compare the red and blue modes between the srt7 and srt3? I imagine the srt3's red and blue modes will be dimmer than the srt7 as it only has 1 multi color led. Also, how distorted is the red and blue in the srt3? I've seen beamshots of the rgb on teh srt7 in selfbuilts review and it looks pretty ugly, but i imagine the single multi color led of the srt3 will be even uglier.

scottyhazzard

Enlightened
I have a question too, does the selector ring have a detent in it to keep it in a mode say like the strobe while it sits in ones pocket? I have played with an Infilux IFE1 and I liked its fit and function as it has a real nice detent to keep it in or out of strobe. (I'm one those that like a good strobe)

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
My SRT3 is still in the box, but a review is coming soon. ;)

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse brevity and typos.

bokeh

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I am very happy with my SRT7, and also got a SRT3 recently.

Speedfreakz summed it up quite well.

It works very nicely, the dimmest low is indeed very low. Green is missing, red and blue are much dimmer than on the SRT7. With no ambient light, it can be used, though, to navigate within the house. The police strobe is as dim as those lights. ;) SRT3 comes with SOS strobe, which SRT7 lacks.

Tail stand capability is very good and much more stable. Clip works fine.

It seems to work great with 14500 and 16340 as well. Bringing it to "AA" size gives a better feel in your hand, but the CR123 size is just better suited for my pockets. :)

In my opinion this is a great EDC light, and it is a little wider than the big sister.

Oh, this is my first post here - hello all. :wave:

Speedfreakz

Newly Enlightened
Last edited:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
The indent does stay where you put it.
Here are some crappy camera shots.
A maglight solitare eagtac d25c ti, srt3 and srt7

a cr123 battery added and the AA tube added to the srt3
photostream

an srt7 red beam shot