Malkoff md2 vs malkoff m61 p60 droppin with surefire vs nailbender droppin?

american

Enlightened
What would you recommend light needs to be 100 percent reliable I already have a new 6p but I noticed its only 14 bucks more for the mb2 complete light with the same droppin. I'd like 1 mode potted and most likely gonna use 123 primary's but maybe rcr 3.4 volt 123s. I think I want a kind of Floody light or a mix of flood and throw for indoor shotgun mount

Last edited:

american

Enlightened
Malkoff mb2 vs malkoff p60 droppin with surefire vs nailbender dropin?

Also does anyone know if the md2 bulb fits the surefire 6p the same aas a m61 droppin, if I wanted to switch?

Last edited:

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Malkoff mb2 vs malkoff p60 droppin with surefire vs nailbender dropin?

What would you recommend light needs to be 100 percent reliable I already have a new 6p but I noticed its only 14 bucks more for the mb2 complete light with the same droppin. I'd like 1 mode potted and most likely gonna use 123 primary's but maybe rcr 3.4 volt 123s. I think I want a kind of Floody light or a mix of flood and throw for indoor shotgun mount

If you have a 6P original, buy a Malkoff M61.

Also does anyone know if the md2 bulb fits the surefire 6p the same aas a m61 droppin, if I wanted to switch?

The M61 will fit in both a MD2 and a 6P, but a P60-format drop in will not fit in a MD2 (it may work, but not reliably).

tjswarbrick

Enlightened

Single-mode, potted get an M61 for your 6P.
They have so many to choose from now. I'm partial to the 219, but see which one will best suit your needs.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened

If you are running it single mode, I agree, the Surefire host is the way to go. The MD2 head will cut off some of the outer edge of the beam. The main advantage of the MD2 setup is the high/low ring. I had and sold two MD2s before I discovered the two-speed rings, and now I have several MD2s with them.

If you are going single mode, consider the M61L as well... a little dimmer than the M61, but double the runtime. :)