SRT7 color, or any SRT model for that matter

What color of SRT do you have?

• Don't matter, whichever one was more convienient, and ended up with LE black.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

aau007

Enlightened
Do you prefer the LE black or Mil grey?

Any particular reason why? I am just trying to see which color is more popular, not trying to determine if one color is better than the other. Don't need to convince anyone, everyone has their own reasons.

1. LE black.
2. Mil grey.
3. Don't matter, whichever one was more convienient, and ended up with LE black.
4. Don't matter, whichever one was more convienient, and ended up with Mil grey.
5. Don't matter, whichever I could get cheaper, and ended up with LE black.
6. Don't matter, whichever I could get cheaper, and ended up with Mil grey.
7. Others. (please post and state reason).

buds224

Enlightened
If I have a choice, I choose black. My lights are more subdued when clipped onto my black day-pack (I prefer they blend in with my pack but still easily accessible). I do have a grey ST Cycler and grey XT11, but black was not an option on those.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought the military grey, like trevilux I just have so many black flashlights that if there is another option, I'll often take it. Since I holster carry most of my lights (in a black holster, that's always the only color offered) it doesn't really matter much anyway.

I ended up with both SRT7 colors, though, I was one of the lucky ones who got in on the Amazon/Action Gear deal so the black one only cost about $45 shipped. Regardless of color, no way was I going to pass that up.

AbnInfantry

Newly Enlightened
Given a choice in color, I invariably select grey instead of black strictly out of personal preference. I currently own two grey SRT7s and two grey SRT6s. In my experience, however, there's a greater chance of a grey flashlight having different shades of anodizing between the head and body than a black one. The head on one of my SRT6s is much darker (almost black) than the body.

I recently ordered two black finish (the only color offered) SRT7s when they were available from Amazon/Action Gear for only $45.41 with free shipping. That price was almost certainly a mistake (now corrected) which Action Gear thankfully honored. At that incredible price, I was sorely tempted to order all twenty listed in stock. Since I have no use for them, I'll either sell these black finish SRT7s at a profit or give them to friends as gifts.

bokeh

Newly Enlightened
I always liked the grey on my RRT-0, that's why I got the SRT7 in grey as well. I like it very much - and got my SRT3 in grey, too - no regrets either. :)

The extra "grip ring thingy" for the SRT7 is black, though - not perfect, but doesn't bother me as I won't use it very often anyway.

AbnInfantry

Newly Enlightened
Is the grip ring made of plastic, rubber, or metal?

The grip ring which came with my SRT7s and SRT6s appears to be made of plastic. The grip ring which came with early production Klarus XT11s was plastic and several people reported theirs broke easily ... which caused Klarus to switch to using aluminum.