• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired F/S Mag Mod Screw In Aluminum Heat Sinks

Bucket

Newly Enlightened
For Sale:

Two 6061 Aluminum heat sinks.
Threaded to mate with the threads in the head of a D cell Mag light.
-Threaded portion is approx .7"
Approx .8" is machined to fit down inside of a D cell body.
Total Height of heat sink is approx 1.5"

These heat sinks are for those willing to mod the stock Mag switch by removing the post.

These heat sinks disperse heat to the head very well. They also disperse it to the body through shoulder contact (where threads end) with the body and through the slip fit to the body.

The tops are flat so that you can attach what you want, where you want. I have been putting 2 XM-L2's 20mm stars on these and they work great.
One of these units has a small center hole drilled in the bottom from the machining process. The hole is only a couple of mm deep. The other unit's bottom is flat.

I am willing to machine more off of the top or the bottom (or both)
to your spec- free of charge prior to shipping.
- You need to figure out what optic or reflector or driver you will be using and do the math.
- If you take the reflector out of the head and thread the Mag head down past the o-ring you can measure the height from the shoulder to the face of where the lens sits. Subtract the total height of whatever LED/Reflector/Optic assembly from that and what remains is how much height the threaded portion is allowed.
- Same goes for the necessary free space under this heat sink if you use a driver although they should be fine as is for most drivers.

These Units weigh 108 and 106 grams (one is.021 taller).
I have test fit both of these in two separate Mag heads and bodies and they fit well, but there is variance in how Mag makes their products.

Price is $20.00 each plus $6.00 s/h in the US. (Paypal only)

I only made these two, so that's all I'm selling for now.

I considered boring a hole in the middle and pressing in a 5/8" copper core. Maybe next time.

Here are some pics:

Before they are separated.
8v7ZfeN435Irf04w7FHSBx8N5xeTDL8ph4CEg5JEWc4=w476-h317-p-no

HfK96-tsy6Due0bcRxfroklMeYeMvipkq-uaG-KUZTg=w476-h317-p-no

Separated and faced
ogG-AA5GO7nVzg1ZNOf_Bfnl-ksCrm-NrPQAIty8hUo=w476-h317-p-no

Side by side
_MG_3824.jpg

Please feel free to post questions.

Happy Modding!

Buck

Bucket

Newly Enlightened
Just as a proof of concept, here is a pic of a copper insert pressed into a piece of aluminum.

_MG_3835.jpg

darkknightlight

Enlightened
I just wanted to say that i had bucket make me a custom heat sink for a mag project I'm working on, and it is fantastic! He was great to work with and his price was also great. I'll upload a couple pictures of the sink once i have finished the mod.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Latest posts