Quick question about my 6px Pro.....

d.weglarz13

Enlightened
Hey guys. I posted this in the 6PX thread too, but maybe you guys can help quick. I am leaving for a camping trip in the morning. I am still kind of a newb, but i did get to my Lowe's store today and they had both the 6px pro and the G2x pro. Both were 80 bucks. I couldn't tell a difference from the packaging, but it seemed they were the same exact light and LED, except the G had a nitrolon body, and the 6 had the hard ano metal body. (Both 320 lumens)
So, and again Im new to all of this relatively, what is the differences between these two lights other than the body, and which is better? I got the 6px pro because the metal body, but can always go back and get the other. i was happy to see them carry it, they stopped carrying SF for a long time, but back again I guess.
Both the lights were the 320 lumen model. The one I have has a nice neutral tint, and not too much spill compared to my fenix TK's.
THanks for any info or opinions you can give me.

dave

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
The price isn't usually the same.

Nitrolon body doesn't feel as cold on the hand during winter, it doesn't show wear as easily, it's also not shiny.
the 6px will dissipate heat better, both are great lights.
The emitter and brightness is the same.
coolwhite Nichia emitter.

a few people have unglued the head (very difficult) to bore out for 18650 use. That can't be done to a Nitrolon light due to the inbody sleeve

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
What carpentryhero said, plus the G2X Pro is lighter and feels better in the hand. 6PX Pro feels ok but a little too smoother for my liking. You can't go wrong with either one.