Fenix TK40 problem

Latango

Newly Enlightened
I wrecked my tk40 tailcap, 'cause the rubber button cap got torn and the torch went swimming. It dried out, but it doesn't work well anymore (pita to click and stuff). Can I get a whole new tailcap assembly? The aluminium is still in good condition but the electrical part is dodgy.

I really am not a tinkerer, so frankly if I could get the whole thing it would be much better.
Any ideas?

Latango

Newly Enlightened
Oh while I'm at it, anyone figured out a permanent fix for the battery holder undoing itself?

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Usually a spare rubber boot for the tailcap comes with the light: have you checked in the TK40 box?
In any case you can get even the whole switch, you just need to know where to look for it. Drop Fenix a mail and tell them where you bought the light and where you live, they'll get back to you with the contact details of the closest distributor/reseller carrying the spares you are looking for.

Oh while I'm at it, anyone figured out a permanent fix for the battery holder undoing itself?
Yeah, get a TK41 battery holder. Here in Europe the TK40 switch sells for less than 5 bucks while the newer TK41 battery holder for around 15!

Latango

Newly Enlightened
Sadly the rubber boot was lost years ago. Been looking for it since I broke the original around 2 years ago. Was able to ignore it until the 2 yr old got hold of the empty flashlight while the batteries were on charge (yeah I learned that lesson) and played the "will it float" game.

Either way, do you have a link to Fenix's international website? I bought the flashlight off ebay from hong kong, and it was right when it came out ages ago. There are a whole bunch of websites that claim to be fenix. I'm in Australia if it matters.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
The official Fenix website is www.fenixlight.com. Just make sure you point out to them that you are in Australia.
In Europe there are two importers/retailers that would probably have the spare parts you need and both ship worldwide.
One is flashlightshop in Germany and the other myfenix in the UK. Hope that helps!

Latango

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for that Lab, I emailed them last night. Good news and bad news though - I got a reply! bad news is, the reply was "The TK40 went out of production a long time ago, and we no longer carry spares for it".

So, I am going to go McGuyver on my flashlight and fix it the old fashioned way. Duct tape most likely.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for that Lab, I emailed them last night. Good news and bad news though - I got a reply! bad news is, the reply was "The TK40 went out of production a long time ago, and we no longer carry spares for it".

So, I am going to go McGuyver on my flashlight and fix it the old fashioned way. Duct tape most likely.
The TK40 was probably still in production in early 2011 so it's been discontinued for just over 2 years and they are already out of spares?

Besides, if the problem is the torn rubber boot, then the TK40 is likely to use the same rubber boot as other Fenix lights such as the TK15 for which I'm sure - or at least hope - they'd still have spares: they could have at least confirmed you which light carries a compatible rubber boot!

You could try to post the question on this thread and ask TK40 onwers if the spare rubber boot of their TK40 matches any of the spare rubber boots of another Fenix light: I'm sure sevral users would have more than one Fenix! : )
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?256517-TK40-TK30-fan-club/page5

Latango

Newly Enlightened
Norm: Sweet, thanks mate that'll do it.

Lab: I just got an email back from the CS person I've been emailing in china, she has a second hand tailcap that she found and is sending it to me for free.

Fenix rock!