Photon King 1 -- BEAMSHOTS!!!

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Catdaddy, winner of the PK1 auction, sent me the following initial beamshots, along with a little note:

"Charlie,

I hope you are having a nice Thanksgiving. I went out tonight and took a few photos on the golf course behind my house. It is a little foggy from the course sprinklers earlier in the evening. Anyway, I titled them according to the estimated distance to the target (my house mostly). I will do better later but wanted to get something posted. If you can get these up I would appreciate it.

John

PS,

I ran out of fresh 123 batteries so these shots are with the original set that PK put in it before sending it to Sasha. She and I have both used the light some BEFORE these pictures were taken. I will get more batteries tomorrow if possible."

Anyway without further ado, here they are. The first one is from 30 feet:

30%20feet.JPG

120 feet:

120%20feet.JPG

125 feet:

125%20feet.JPG

And finally, 225 feet (initial "50 yards" was a typo):

50%20yards.JPG

Notice how visible the beam is -- and on used batteries!!!

Thanks John!

Azecos

Newly Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif *speechless*

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh sh!t. It looks like a light sabre. Did anyone get a lux rating? Do lux meters go that high? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very Nice! I would love to hold that thing, just for one night! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now for a tripod or some other steady support and have some nice beamshots Catdaddy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
That flashlight is truly aptly named.

Congratulations, Catdaddy....you did good!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Zeppert

Enlightened
Beautiful Supreme Catdaddy! Just like beautiful artwork to look at. I'll bet you're having fun with your new toy, er...um, I mean illuminating tool. That reflector compliments that body well and the light shoots nice and smooth. I had the same X3 SE running on 9V with a Mag reflector and it was just awesome, so I know you are having even more fun with that custom reflector. Thanks again for the pics! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice,

But for goodness sakes, please reduce the pic size for those with dialup connections.

jtice

Flashaholic
OK, want to know why I am impressed?????

The flash of the camera was on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That will ussually light up the light body itself, but wash out the beam !!!!!

But NOT in these pics.

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE !!!!!!!!!