Shoot me if I do it again

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I left the house at 0530 today for some of the "super bargains". I got to the first store at 0610 and all the goodies were gone. There was one small item I wanted but the checkout lines were 300+ people long.

I then waited in line for an hour at Office Depot. It opened at 0800 and I was number 6-7 in line. There were 4 items I wanted and knew it would be easy. They opened the doors and people began to literally run past me and shoved me as they went. Again, I got nothing.

Never, ever again.

AlphaTea

Enlightened
Bummer dude! I do this every year and I love it!
I got to Sears at 0645 and got everything I was after (tools). I was out of there by 0710!
Next to JC Penneys. In at ~0720, out at 0830. VERY long wait at jewelry counter. I will score with these goddies!
Next to Kauffmans for a Waterford Ornament. 15 minutes tops!
The Best Buy across the street had people in a line (in the rain) that had to be 150 yards long, just waiting to get in. No, I did not try to go there.
Next I went to Gander Mountain. Got my stuff, In and out in 15 minutes.
Then I went to CompUSA. Shelves almost bare. People 25 or 30 deep at registers. WTH? Outa there!
Staples next. Eureka! Got my goodies and out in ~15 mins.
BJ's next for gas, then went inside looking for "Lilo and Stitch"...out of stock. Bought Swarovski crystal instead.
Somewhere in there I stopped at Mickey-D's for a Sausage Biscuit.
I was home by 1015!
Yes, traffic was horrendous.
I think I might go back out...

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
uh ok, so if we shoot you...do we get to split up your flashlights?

lol, GregR /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
My day just got better. I was supposed to have lunch with an old friend today. He came in from CO. We see each other once a year. He showed up but said he couldn't stay and apologized. He then handed me a gift-wrapped box and said he hoped it would make up for him having to go. Drum roll please…Inside the box was a shiny new Surefire 6P. I told him I appreciated the light and if he ever needed to miss lunch again this would be an acceptable exchange. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
We had to go out and do a small repair job. We passed one major mall, a Best Buy, a Circuit City, and a Walmart all at about 9:15 to 9:30.

All looked like nitemares, especially the BB and CC!!! I could have found a parking space at Walmart or the Mall, but it would have a HIKE!

I do not plan to leave my immediate neighborhood again before Monday!

Saaby

Flashaholic
I need some audio cables, the original plan was to get them at Wal-Mart but Radio Shack is sounding more and more attractive all the time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
`hell i cant stand shoping when its not even xmas season i grocery shop at around 5 am if i can help it.i just walked to local dolor store for paper towels i walked in looked at line walked right back out

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've gotten around the problem of shopping during the holidays...everyone gets a jello-fruitcup and that's it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yeah, I made the mistake of going shopping this morning. After an hour or two of wall to wall yelling, crying, grabbing and unhappy people, I was ready to run people down with my cart just to escape the building.
Did save a couple hundred dollars though...

-Jason