SF E2D Ultra Help?

ugrey

Enlightened
HELP! Is SureFire going to release the Scoutlight 500 Lumen head any time soon? I DO NOT like crenelations and I DO NOT like dual mode on a tactical light. They tear up clothes and are not so good for getting on planes. For several years now, I have used a 200 Lumen KX2C scoutlight head on an E sized body. I now just want the 500 lumen, non castleated, head for that body. What does anybody know about this? Thanks in advance.

bdusseau

Newly Enlightened
Not the cheapest route, but you could consider getting an x300 ultra weaponlight and use the the 500lm head w/ tir optic, less aggressive crenulations, and single mode. Then sell the body.

ugrey

Enlightened
Thanks, I have thought about that. I was not sure that head fit on an E2 body or not. That may be my best alternative.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hold out for the less tactical eb2, & keep your kx2c set up as is.

And now we wait...
11gj4hu.jpg

ugrey

Enlightened
I own 14 SureFires, I have carried one for EDC for at least 9 of the last 11 years. But right now I am looking at Jetbeam and Fenix E2e sized lights. All I ask for is a non cenalated head, with a current generation LED, with ONE light level when I hit the tail switch. Surefire, please release the 500 lumen Scoutlight head.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own 14 SureFires, I have carried one for EDC for at least 9 of the last 11 years. But right now I am looking at Jetbeam and Fenix E2e sized lights. All I ask for is a non cenalated head, with a current generation LED, with ONE light level when I hit the tail switch. Surefire, please release the 500 lumen Scoutlight head.

Oops missed the single mode requirement. I prefer that too, but will make an exception for the eb2.

ugrey

Enlightened
Thanks Leon. Your picture of Surefire waiting time gave me a good laugh. Sometimes I feel like "that guy". I just think SF has lost their way a bit. Multiple modes on a general use flashlight are great, but not on a tactical use flashlight. The crenalations are okay for a last ditch use as a weapon, but I already have 2 pistols, at least 1 spare magazine, at least one knife and usually pepper spray on me. The crenalations just eat holes in my clothes and the TSA guys look at it, and me, kinda funny.

SmokeJumperr

Newly Enlightened
A couple of additional options for you..
I have been using a new 500 Lumen SF Fury Tactical in the EAG Tactical version with a clicky switch with the new Raven Concealment pocket clip.
http://www.ravenconcealment.com/mod.../modular-light-carrier/surefir-p-g-pocketclip
It comes with a large O-ring for use with the o-ring method when using/manipulating a light with weapon. Granted this is a larger light and a tad heavier than the E2 series, but I've been carrying this since the pocket clips came out from Raven and find I like it. I bought the E2D Ultra, but wasn't digging the pocket clip with bezel down and the DNA collectors on the bezel.
Option #2, is to purchase one of the new MDC heads from Malkoff Devices for the E2 SF lights, they are rated for 325 lumens.
http://www.malkoffdevices.com/shop/...7.html?zenid=b17357f30634273436f4c4d0d4a05bd0
Or I suppose you could go with the single output MDC SHO at 300 Lumens as a third option. YMMV, but a couple of options...for now until the 500 Lumen SF Scout heads come out for replacements...hoping as well myself!

Dingle1911

Enlightened
I do not know what your runtime needs are, but you could run a Malkoff M91 in a VME head. It is rated at 825 lumen at turn on. On two cells the runtime is pretty short but it is very bright and works well in shorts bursts. I have used this set up on occasion.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been through some of those, the fury; vme head & several malkoff drop-ins, and they just never measured up to stock sf e-series components for various nitpicks (no reason OP shouldn't try them).

Because in terms of output, even without the TIR, 825l has to be getting close if not exceeding the ultra's throw just from raw output depending on OP's needs. That seems like the OP's best option. Peak might make something similar too.