Need someone to repair my TN-30

Joshwaa

Newly Enlightened
Well after almost 1 year and only about 6 or 7 uses my Thrunite TN30 has died. :faint: I am pretty sure it is the on/off switch, as if you bypass it the light will work fine. Has anyone worked on these and care to repair mine? Thank you.

Joshwaa

Newly Enlightened
email [email protected]
you have a 24 month free repair warranty.

I already tried that. They said it was actually warrantied for 15 days and I would have to pay for shipping to and from China and for the repairs.

Seems I can not post what the email said from Thrunite. But they will not honor the warranty in any way.

You can post what Thrunite said so long as you read and comply with rule #12 - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

Zigo45

Newly Enlightened
I would send a PM to VinhNguyen54, I recently had him mod a TN30 for me, came out great! Im sure he could fix you up.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I had issues with three Thrunite lights.
The first was a faulty emitter in a TN30, they swapped out the light immediately, even before I sent the defective unit back.
The second was a TN11. The edges cut into the body were too sharp for my liking, and they upgraded me to a TN11S
The third was a switch problem with the TN11s. They sent me a new switch.

Communication about the switch was a little challenging (English, clearly was not that person's first language) but once there was a clear understanding, there were no problems.

Joshwaa

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all your help. I sent the light to Vinh. I also asked Thrunite if they would mind me posting their email communications with me. They did not respond to that question. However they did respond saying that they would now honor the warranty, and to please send it back to where I purchased the light and it will be no charge, what a bunch of crap. Thrunite will no longer get any of my business.

ThruNite

Newly Enlightened
ThruNite now have USA service in CA. I think we can help you work out.No worry. please kindly drop me [email protected]. I will ask you to send to our usa service fore replacement or repair!

Joshwaa

Newly Enlightened
As stated above. Your company refused to honor the warranty and I had to send it elsewhere for repairs. Now that I stated it was already sent out for repair and I wanted to post the emails with your company you wish to honor the warranty. Really?? You are more than welcome to pay for the cost I incurred while having to get this accomplished myself.

ThruNite

Newly Enlightened
Before. our warranty is : dealer or distributors will conduct warranty. So you can get better service.Now. we have set up our USA Company in CA. and then we sure stand behind our products ! if you send to us .replace it with new one!

Joshwaa

Newly Enlightened
You already refused to honor the warranty. So I had to send it to some one else for repair. Would you like to pay for the shipping and repair charges I incurred as a result of your refusal? Would you mind me posting the emails where you said I would have to pay for shipping both ways to china and also for the repairs?

Joshwaa

Newly Enlightened
I didn't think so. You can be sure I will tell everyone in the flashlight and laser community about your company and policy, or lack there of. If at any time you wish to actually stand behind your product I will accept payment for the losses I incurred.