D40A accessories?

Paxonator

Newly Enlightened
Alright I bought a few cheaper flashlights online which I was impressed with (300lm mini cree). Then I stumbled across a deal on the D40A neutral and figured I'd pick it up. I don't have it yet but It'll be shipped out soon. Someone had mentioned a small dome you can mount on the end to make it kind of like a soft candle light. Sounds like a nice little thing for a tent or if the power goes out.

What other accessories can you get or that you may find useful?

Thanks,

Travis
[h=1][/h]

kj2

Flashaholic
I bought a Nitecore traffic wand for my D40A. And I've Olight colour filters that fits as well :)

Last edited:

bgyen

Newly Enlightened
I bought a couple of these silicon diffusers from fasttech for $1.06 Coupon code removed - Norm. There's also a 39-43mm version that's more expensive. I bought both (38-45mm and 39-43mm). They both seemed to be same (same material, fit); not sure if I got sent the wrong item; but each came in a plastic bag with a sticker marked with the correct SKU. So just buy the cheaper of the two.

See Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images. Please host on an image site, Imageshack or similar and repost – Thanks Norm

Would like to have gotten something more taller, but these work out okay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paxonator

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys. I think I'll pick up the little dome cover. Possibly look into the wand because it just looks fun haha.

cronus

Newly Enlightened
I have that silicone dome for my D40A. it works OK, but there's still a fairly strong beam going through it. It diffuses and still has some throw. The solid white diffusers do a better job, but I have not found one for the D40A/EA4 yet.
Good thing about the silicone one is it is small and collapsible; takes up very little space in a bag/pocket.