• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Hand made acrylic or polycarbonate lenses for sale

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm offering to the CPF community custom made flat acrylic or polycarbonate round lenses. The main intent here is to offer replacement lenses for Surefire or any other flashlight manufacturer who used pressed in lenses, but, also as replacement lenses for old and outdated flashlights that you cannot get a replacement lens for. These are made to order and are offered in three different materials in thicknesses from 1/16" to 1/4". Clear acrylic is available up to 1" thick (the limit to what I can cut using my mill). I can cut lenses up to 2.5" in diameter (Looks like I can cut lenses up to about 3.5", approximately 90mm) All prices are delivered to the USA and Canada. International purchases please add $5 to cover the added shipping costs.

Clear acrylic - available in 3/32", 1/8", 3/16", 1/4", 3/8", 1/2", 3/4", and 1" thicknesses.
Acrylic is a very clear material, even at 2" thick, that is fairly easy to work with and offers the best light transmission possible of the materials listed here (92% at 6mm thick, manufacturer's specs). It does scratch easily, however, as all plastics do. Acrylic lenses tend to crack when impacted or folded. In the thinner materials (1/4" thick or less) up to 2" in diameter one lens will be $4, $6 for two. For larger diameters please add $1 to each of the prices listed. For lenses thicker than 1/4" please contact me via PM.

Abrasion Resistant (AR) acrylic - available in 1/8" and 1/4" thicknesses.
AR acrylic offers the clarity of acrylic but adds an abrasion resistant coating that will prevent most of the fine scratches that you get from normal cleaning of the lens. These lenses will scratch if an abrasive material comes into contact with it so don't expect miracles. I use single-sided AR coated acrylic (AR1) since the back side of lenses aren't cleaned as often as the front side. I can get double-sided AR coated acrylic (AR2) if you desire. The light transmission is 92% at 1/4" thick (manufacturer's specs) though I expected this to be slightly less due to the AR coating. $5 for one lens or $7 for two up to 2" in diameter. For larger diameters please add $1 to each of the prices listed.

Polycarbonate - available in 1/16", 3/32", 1/8", 3/16" and 1/4" thicknesses.
Polycarbonate is the same lens material that Surefire used in their pressed in lenses for lights like the early Surefire 6, 6P (with pressed in lenses), 8X, 9N, etc. polycarbonate lenses will deform and stretch in an impact, and should not shatter. Polycarbonate lenses do scratch easily, however, and offer about 86% light transmission at 3/32" thick (manufacturer's specs). If you have an old Surefire that has a bubbled or burnt lens that you would like to keep fairly original then this is the material of choice. $4 for one, and $6 for two up to 2" in diameter. For larger diameters please add $1 to each of the prices listed.

Lead times: these lenses are made to order and I don't stock all thicknesses listed. If I have the material in hand I can get a lens or two in the mail in a few days to a week. If I don't have the material in hand it can take up to two weeks, but, if my local plastics supplier doesn't have stock in hand for a certain material in a certain thickness then there's no way to know how long it'll take them to get material to me. They are pretty good at stocking material, however, so this should not be a concern. As of today, October 4, 2013, I have 1/16", 3/32", 1/8" polycarbonate, 1/8" AR acrylic, 3/32" and 1/8" acrylic.

If you supply me with dimensions for a lens and it does not fit I will not be held responsible. If you want to ensure that the lens will fit then I will request that you send me the bezel and I will return it to you with both the replacement and the original lenses for the same prices listed above.

Keep in mind that FlashlightLens.com offers and sells replacement glass and coated acrylic lenses for many flashlight applications. They might offer something that will suit your needs already and I highly recommend that you use their services if you can. If they don't have the right size lens for your application then I'll be more than happy to cut one for you to your specs.

Some lenses I've made:

Link to the Z17 lens that i had made for cland72.
70501f3da890cfe46a80c80c5f6ad647_zpse338a9db.jpg

baf1c91efed8a62b3260ceb5f13d4d76_zpsdcaa662e.jpg

The Surefire 8X on the left has a 3/32" thick acrylic lens while the Pentagonlight X3 on the right has a 1/8" thick AR acrylic lens that has been thinned around the edges to fit (original lens was 1/16" polycarbonate).
652aaf0dcb2a38c84177e15c63531243_zps909f17c9.jpg

Last edited:

BIGLOU

Enlightened
I'll take two 1/16" polycarbonate lenses for my 6P Classic. Are these the direct replacement for the Z17? Thanks Peter!
:paypal: $5 Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 9ND32355AP3923032)

Last edited:

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the lens for the Z17 is a simple swap: pop the old lens out then peel off the rear protective sheet and pop the new one in before peeling off the front protective sheet.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
BIGLOU, PP received, two Z17 lenses will be cut as well as a polycarbonate lens for your 9N.

To give you folks an idea how tough polycarbonate is, here's a picture of my 9N lens that I tried to remove. The rings are marks from hammering a 1.125" aluminum rod into it to try to pop it out. The hole was the result of my frustration at not being able to pop it out. I ended up using my Dremel with a plastic cutting bit on it and cutting a slot in it, which was enough to allow it to finally come out.
c7a2bfc7464c3f2e995ae14993e787ba_zpsbffcb862.jpg

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are the polycarbonate replacement windows for the old 6P still available (unless the AR acrylic is available in the right thickness for the 6P)? I need to take a bezel count, but off the top of my head I need 3-4 new windows to replace some old, very scratched plastic. Your pricing mentions $4 for one and $6 for two. What is the price for 3 or 4? Thanks.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
With regards to 6P lenses, it boils down to thickness since the AR coated stuff is only available in 1/8" or 1/4" thick. I think the 6P lenses are 3/16" but I need to measure them. Yes, I can still make lenses if you need them.

I can do $10 for four.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great. Let me take an inventory tomorrow and get back to you on the specific # I need. IIRC, the thickness for the old plastic 6P windows was 1/16". Please PM me with your Paypal address.

Last edited:

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait, the pressed in lenses were 1/16". The later Z44 bezels with the retaining ring are thicker. I think the G2 bezels use a 1/8" thick lens. Which ones do you need?

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need new plastic windows for the old 6P press-in bezels to replace the clouded/scratched plastic of the stock windows. I'm all set with my current gen Z44 bezels, all of which use the stock Boro/Pyrex glass. I'll go with four windows.

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
PCC, this is a wonderful service! Have you tried cutting an acrylic lens for the older 2.5" SRTH or 3" turboheads?

Also, for these turboheads, how will the lens be secured? It looks like the factory lenses are press fit, so dimensions probably need to be close to exact

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
PCC, this is a wonderful service! Have you tried cutting an acrylic lens for the older 2.5" SRTH or 3" turboheads?

Also, for these turboheads, how will the lens be secured? It looks like the factory lenses are press fit, so dimensions probably need to be close to exact
Nope, not yet for the larger turbo heads. Did one for an early M6 pressed in head, but, it was a spare and the owner didn't want me to change out the original lens.

Yes, for pressed in lenses the dimensions need to be fairly precise. Oversized means it won't install or it won't sit right after installation. Undersized means that it might pop out on its own.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Extremely cool service, PCC!

If you're able to do bigger than 3" at some point, I might like to get a couple pieces done in the near future.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
These are a great replacements. For anyone on the fence wanting to get one of these go for it. I restored at beat up Original 6P and popped one of these in the old school Z44 head and it was a perfect fit.