nitecore srt6 step down?

michael3

Newly Enlightened
does anyone know if the srt6 maintains 930 lumens or does it step down after a while? I just bought one and am wondering. it looks and feels beefy enough to handle the heat. also mine doesn't seem to go below 2 or 3 lumens on the low end definitely nowhere near as low as the zebralight sc600 mk2. once it gets down to 2 or 3 lumens it just turns off. if I try and ease it down it starts to flicker. anybody else notice this or do I have a minor defect on this one. I wish the eagletac tx25c2 had the smart ring that would have been the perfect size with perfect output for me at least. of course it did get pretty hot at 960 lumens. guess you can't have everything. also if anybody has any other observations about this light that is welcome, thanks,

oldeng95

Enlightened
My srt 6 does not get below 2 or 3 lumens either , but I have not noticed any flickering , and I believe the thermal step down is at the 20 minute mark .

JohnSmith

Enlightened
The manual states "the SRT6 will automatically switch to high mode after twenty minutes of use in Turbo mode." It does not state what the lumen level of high mode is.

As for your observation of the low mode behavior, I think that's just how they are. My SRT6 and my briefly-owned SRT7 both go about as low as 1-2 lumens (this value is just a rough guess on my part). They did not reach the 0.1 lumen low level advertised. I've read this in other forum posts about the SRT7. I'm okay with this, but other people really like their moonlight modes.

My SRT5, on the other hand, does in fact have a sub-lumen moonlight-type low level on its "ultra low" setting.

michael3

Newly Enlightened
I just did a comparison with my wifes olight s20. the moonlight on hers is 0.5 lumens the low on my srt6 is a clear amount lower. visually obvious. this is taking into account the beam types. the sc600 mk2 went down to 0.02 lumens. I wanted to add my observation for anyone else that might benifit from this.

JohnSmith

Enlightened
I just did a comparison with my wifes olight s20. the moonlight on hers is 0.5 lumens the low on my srt6 is a clear amount lower. visually obvious. this is taking into account the beam types. the sc600 mk2 went down to 0.02 lumens. I wanted to add my observation for anyone else that might benifit from this.

Thats very interesting. Maybe my perception of the SRT6/7 lows are subjective and incorrect. I do have two calibrated alternatives I could use as a comparison - two HDS 200 clickys. However, to do a comparison test to the Nitecores, I'd have to get into the programming mode of the HDSs and bring up the very low moonlight modes. If I decide to get into programming mode hell with the HDSs, I'll report back with some comparisons.