Megalite X

shannow

Enlightened
Does anyone own one? What do you think of it? Can you post beam shots. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Cheers!

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mega-X is white and bright. The best part of Mega-X is its 5W SE. I like its beam more than HD on standard Maglit reflector. It has small hot spot, bright secondary hot spot then spill light. For HD, it has very round but larger hot spot but little dimmer center on Maglit reflector.

Besides, Mega-X runs on X3V that you're not over-driving the 5W too much due to its high vf. Thus longer life span for the 5W if you care.

If Lambda could get X3U on DD, I said it might be possible beating the 1.5A MR-X:)

Alan

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
What! Blasphemy Alan! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Like all DD lights, fresh cells will drive the Luxeon wildly for the first few minutes but can it continue like that??? NO

Want to compare the MR-X to another light? Increase the current on the MR-X to the those of the other light you want to compare with and just see what the other light can do.... over time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very true... DD lights are simple devices /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Alan said:
Mega-X is white and bright. The best part of Mega-X is its 5W SE. I like its beam more than HD on standard Maglit reflector. It has small hot spot, bright secondary hot spot then spill light. For HD, it has very round but larger hot spot but little dimmer center on Maglit reflector.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is true, Alan. However, HD produces more light (lumens, per say) than a SE does. I think HD is rated at 120 lumens while SE only about 110~115 lumens, per se. Ah ya, adding otok's perfect mag reflector orange peel completely eliminates the donut hole /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beat my MR-X?! Bah!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif