Ultrafire XML-T6 voltage question

9P12volt

Newly Enlightened
I just received two of these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005E48K6I/?tag=cpf0b6-20 3-mode lights, and immediately removed one of the drop-ins for use in a Surefire 9p (I don't care for the cheap "feel" of the Ultrafire host). Running on 3 CR123 primaries, I can see a noticable increase in brightness and output over the single 18650/dual 123 setup, but I'm wary of long term damage to the LED.

I have searched CPF and the web, but cannot locate input voltage specifics for this version of this light. The 5-mode XML, and other LEDs in this Ultrafire host, have listed input ratings, but not this particular model. XMLT6 in other lights can handle higher voltage, but is that driver-dependant?

I love the output that this $8 drop-in provides, but would hate to burn it out... Can I safely run this LED on three 123 primaries, or even 3X16340 ?

Norm

Retired Administrator
Fr0m your link: Product Description
Size: Without Battery and Charger
1x 18650 3.7v battery (battery is not included) One button switch with 3 Modes: High, Low and Strobe. Model of LED: CREE XM-L T6 LED Size (mm) : 132( length ) x32( head diameter ) x 24( body diameter ) Weight : 154g

I'm guessing maximum Voltage would be six volts.

Norm

9P12volt

Newly Enlightened
I'm guessing maximum Voltage would be six volts.

Norm

That was my guess as well, but couldn't find a listed spec to support it.
I've been able to run it at 9v for 8-10 minutes (total), without any issues, do you think it's then safe to continue at 9v?
If harmful, would I see a loss of brightness/color/flicker, or would the XML just run on untill an untimely flash at some point?