new light need help -return or repair?

Turbo V6 Camaro

Newly Enlightened
hello all

I just got 2 of these off amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0092Q1N7W/?tag=cpf0b6-20

I know they are cheap but this is the first time i have had any issues with such lights

I dont think anyone will be-leave this but, I was testing the light and waving it around an it shut off (it did not bang on anything)............. I looked at the LED and it came loose from the star, and is now stuck to the star all ****-eyed I test the voltage on the star test point and got 3.8 (what hte battery is) and the

I really don't want to buy an air solder to "reseat" one LED can i use a solder iron for this?

or should I just buy a XM-l2 U2/u3 on a star and put it in there and forget about it ?

Last edited:

Etsu

Enlightened
If it's free shipping to return or exchange it, I'd do that. Otherwise, it's not worth the shipping cost, and I'd just eat the small price of the flashlight and throw it away. Anything I buy for a few dollars I consider test money; sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't, no big deal.

Turbo V6 Camaro

Newly Enlightened
oh thank you so much for your help !!!!

why even bother posting if you was not going to help AT ALL? - thanks for reading my thread sorry you wasted your time.
If it's free shipping to return or exchange it, I'd do that. Otherwise, it's not worth the shipping cost, and I'd just eat the small price of the flashlight and throw it away. Anything I buy for a few dollars I consider test money; sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't, no big deal.

why throw it away all I need to do is "reseat" (sorry the correct term escape me right now) or just swap the board out I found xm-l2 u3 leds for $5 or about $15 on a copper board

I gotta contact amazon still did not have power all morning