Impact XL spotted at REI

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
yup, i took it out of the package and tested it...sort of.

hard to test in the brightly lit store, but it seemed pretty nice.

uses a side emitter in what appears to be a eveled-like base. i wonder if it is simply resistored or if there is some circuitry in there.

size is nice. beam looked tight with some clean spill--but was hard to tell in the store. color of the beam seemed a little green. the body felt solid and smooth, with nice rubber grips. it is a little longer than the tec-40. price is $35. not bad for a luxeon light.

i think PT may have a winner here if the beam is decent.

cant wait for quickbeam's review.

why didnt i buy it? wellllll, my wife was with me, and i NEEDED a new fanny pack...so i got the fanny pack (mountainsmith kinetic--i ordered it online fo much less than retail).

dont worry, i will probably get the light sooner or later.

Bob

Zigzago

Enlightened
After reading your post I checked my local REI store and they have the XL too. It doesn't seem to be on their web site yet. Although tempted, I didn't buy one either. I'm expecting my first luxeon light, an Arc LS second, from Fedex any day now.

As for letting my wife stop me from buying a flashlight, why any real man would-

What? I'm on the computer, honey... But...

I have to go now.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, i, er...uh.

my wife us actully really cool about my light habit--especially since i gave her an arc aaa. she says it is better than a drinking or cheating habit.

certainly less expensive!

but...sometimes, i still have to fly stuff in under radar.

yes, dear!

Bob

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
pedalinbob said:
well, i, er...uh.

my wife us actully really cool about my light habit--especially since i gave her an arc aaa. she says it is better than a drinking or cheating habit.

certainly less expensive!

but...sometimes, i still have to fly stuff in under radar.

yes, dear!

Bob

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a suggestion: Have the new lights delivered at the Bar where you usually hook up with your mistress! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL!!!

good thing i am a cheap date: 1 beer drank too fast=moderate buzz.

leaves more $$$ for LIGHTS!

picky about my women, though.
i married a good'un.

Bob

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish that my second half behaves like yours. She is also flashaholic. Whenever I get new lights, I need to get double /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Alan