Fenix PD35 LED Flashlight - EDC, Tactical Excellence!

BR101

Newly Enlightened
IMG_0689.JPG

Specifications:
• Cree XM-L2 (U2) LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
• Uses one 18650 rechargeable battery (Li-ion) or two 3V CR123A batteries (Lithium)
• Output mode / Runtime:
Turbo: 850 lumens / 1h 15min
High: 450 lumens / 2h 30min
Mid: 170 lumens / 7h 45min
Low: 45 lumens / 29h
Eco: 10 lumens / 140h
Strobe: 850 lumens
• Dimensions and Weight:
Length: 5.1" / 130mm
Diameter: 1.0" / 25.4mm
Head Diameter: 1.0" / 25.4mm
Weight: 3.1oz / 87gm
• Digitally regulated output - maintains constant brightness
• Reverse polarity protection, to protect from improper battery installation
• Over heat protection to avoid high-temperature of the surface
• Anti-roll, slip-resistant body design
• Tactical tail switch with momentary-on function
• Side switch in the head
• Made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum
• Premium Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
• Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating
Whats in the box: Light, Sheath, Lanyard, Seals, and User Manual

Today I am reviewing the Fenix PD35 LED flashlight. The PD35 is a new addition to the outstanding PD series family. What sets this light apart from the others, well, it's very VERY bright for it's overall size. At only 5" long you get an astounding 850 lumens of light output!

To put that into perspective, my Fenix TK35 is about 6.5" long with a 2" diameter head and it's 820 lumens. As you can see by comparing the TK35 to this new PD35, you are getting a lot for the money in a compact package. And speaking of money, this light is just under $75 bucks. The price, parts, and overall functionality of this light really make it one of my favorite lights I've reviewed.

To read the full Fenix PD35 review with tons of pictures check out my website - BLADE REVIEWS 101

Do you have a PD35? If so let me know what you think,

Thanks
- Scott

kj2

Flashaholic
I'm very happy with mine. Use it a lot at night. Like the long runtime on low and the power when running it on max.

Last edited:

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if you can call that a review, seems more like a paid advertisement to me. I don't mean to denigrate your effort, but seriously, that reads more like cheerleading than analysis. I guess I'm spoiled by reviews we have here on CPF, which are more realistic and cover the flaws in a given light, as well as the good features.

With that said, I am happy to get more info about the light. I have a PD32 UE (the PD35 is merely an incremental upgrade) and it is a quality light - if you don't have either, you should seriously consider picking one up.

tkrieger

Newly Enlightened
This was my first light purchase..... I don't know if it's going to make me a "flashaholic", but its versatility and brightness settings are close to ideal. I would be interested in a "single CR123a" version, if it were to come out. My only complaint is it's a relatively "long" device.

Some have complained about the tint of this light. The color temperature is high (blue white), but the colors otherwise seem natural.

I also wonder how these types of lights and batteries hold up in extreme heat environments. I'd like to keep this in my car's glove compartment, but during the Arizona summers, it gets as hot as 125 degrees inside the car. Any feedback here would be welcome.

Fliz

Newly Enlightened
Very nice flashlight, I had PD32 R5 and I sold it to a friend, now I am hoping to get PD35 :D

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today I am reviewing the Fenix PD35 LED flashlight. The PD35 is a new addition to the outstanding PD series family. What sets this light apart from the others, well, it's very VERY bright for it's overall size. At only 5" long you get an astounding 850 lumens of light output!

You're posting a link to seller's product sales page. Is this shilling? :thumbsup:

I don't know if you can call that a review, seems more like a paid advertisement to me. I don't mean to denigrate your effort, but seriously, that reads more like cheerleading than analysis.

+ 1

Ditto.

buds224

Enlightened
I have a PD32 UE (the PD35 is merely an incremental upgrade) and it is a quality light - if you don't have either, you should seriously consider picking one up.
+1 on the incremental upgrade. I have both the 32UE and the 35 and I agree with your assessment.

I am just wondering where the "Tactical Excellence" came from. Any ideas?
I tested the light with the remote switch from Fenix; it does work vs. previous PD models. It's a step closer, but......."Tactical Excellence?" :sssh:

lightcycle1

Enlightened
Yes, hardly a "review".

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

dazzleaj

Newly Enlightened
Wow, First post and I bought the PD35! I have a TK12 and a bunch of T Mart lights but the PD35 for $71.20 was just TOO good to pass up
icon10.gif

I have been coming to this forum for years reading posts but never joined. I have dozens of flashlights (almost every color Mag ever made) and thought I was just a little off, until I discovered what it really means to be a flashaholic. I used to have them hanging on a wall, all charged and ready to go; then I got re-married. Now only a few are on the kitchen table and a few on the night stand and only one on my computer desk. All the big mags are de-batteried along with most of the 3 cells and they are lovingly stashed in the shed. Only 4 remain in the coat closet with the Streamlight :(. The smaller tactical LEDs with the 18650s and the RCR123A & AA cells don't seem to be a problem. I have had as many as 6 on the kitchen table with no complaints, however let one Mag 3 cell sit next to the salt and it is banished before it has time to throw a shadow!!

Looking forward to the PD35 joining us for dinner in a few days!!

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
dazzleaj;426267[FONT=Lato said:
I have had as many as 6 on the kitchen table with no complaints, however let one Mag 3 cell sit next to the salt and it is banished before it has time to throw a shadow!!

Welcome to CPF. :) Not sure what your mean here. Banished?

Bill

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Salt? Mags are not unappreciated because of their lines. In fact, many of our modders use mags as a basis for their creations, such as modifying them for LED's, or HID's, or for example, machining them into art pieces, etc. There is much to learn in this forum. Do some browsing, and research.

Bill

Fenix_Rising

Newly Enlightened
I just recently ordered my Fenix PD35 flashlight. This does seem to cover the specs of the light but not a very critical review through and through. But I appreciate your effort. I can't wait for my Fenix PD35 to get here, as I have researched it very thoroughly and am convinced it is a good buy. I'm hoping this will be my EDC light.