Help me find this info on the net - semiurgent

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
i need to find clear instructions for CPR and other first aid procedures. i wish to place this on my PDA so that if i am in need of this info but in the heat of the moment i have forgoten.

im an eagle scout but first aid was always difficult for me to retain.

thanks for any help

btw i will need to copypaste these into a folder and the images if there are any must be small

B@rt

Flashaholic
How To Do CPR

[ QUOTE ]
It is not to be used as your only guide for CPR unless in emergency situations. Please use this only as a guideline for the proper steps in CPR.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope this helps, but do NOT perform this unless you have had training for it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Aragorn,

You really should take a class if you're serious about learning CPR. It's not complicated or anything but it's difficult to be sure you're doing it right just from reading and looking at pictures. And if you're doing it wrong it doesn't do the the other person any good at all.

Call your local hospital and ask them if they offer classes and when the next one is. Invest a couple of hours and you'll not only know for sure how to do it, you'll have a certification that proves you know how to do it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bill.H

Enlightened
Echoing Bart and James. CPR done wrong is worse than doing nothing. You must be trained, then retrained periodically.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Aragorn,

Take the classes but take them more than once. Take them until your emergency reactions are conditioned. I took a full day course at the Red Cross and would have repeated it (for free) had I not had to travel the next day.

Brightnorm

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I've just been through Adult CPR training, and one thing that's different from the last time I had it is that they no longer tell you to check for a pulse, but rather for "signs of circulation." Apparently there are too many people who have trouble detecting a pulse, and as a result, it wastes valuable time while they try. The new instructions are to check for breathing or signs of circulation, and if not detected, then start CPR immediately (after calling 911 or sending someone else to do that).