• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB engine for macs tri-edc

hawkmoon69

Newly Enlightened
So, my 3-yr old was trying to be helpful and replaced the battery in my tri-edc...reversed the polarity and fried the board. need a new engine. obviously Id prefer to upgrade to mac's new one, but I'll take the old one for now. prefer neutral, but will take anything for the right price

Flucero28

Enlightened
Hawkmoon,

I would be more then happy to take a look at your mac light engine for you. Email me flucero 2 8 at a o l dot com so I can get further info from you. I can fix it for a lot cheaper then a replacement is going to cost you. Is it the newer generation with low, medium, high and mode memory? If so I can even program it with custom modes for you.

Frank

So, my 3-yr old was trying to be helpful and replaced the battery in my tri-edc...reversed the polarity and fried the board. need a new engine. obviously Id prefer to upgrade to mac's new one, but I'll take the old one for now. prefer neutral, but will take anything for the right price

archimedes

Flashaholic
Hawkmoon,

I would be more then happy to take a look at your mac light engine for you .... I can fix it for a lot cheaper then a replacement is going to cost you. Is it the newer generation with low, medium, high and mode memory? If so I can even program it with custom modes for you.

Frank

That is very cool .... :twothumbs

I just thought I'd post to add that Flucero28's work on Macs LE's is very highly regarded :)

hawkmoon69

Newly Enlightened
probably could...but macs awful busy. hard getting in touch with him. You have an email inbound Frank!

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Out of curiosity what exactly are the specs on the new Tri-EDC engines? Are they the LUX-RC modules or just 8x7135 boards? The specs suggest the latter...

Last edited:

Flucero28

Enlightened
Hawkmoon,

Your light engine is good as new. I have emailed you with the details, hoping to have it in the mail back to you within the day or so.

Frank

Flucero28

Enlightened
Hawk moon, I haven't heard from you. Just want to be sure you got your light engine and that all is well!

Frank