Advice and guidance about surefire mods please!

sgt244

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, I am really big In the knife world and have been for years now... I love high end knives and own more then i care to admit! I also have always enjoyed a good flashlight in my EDC. So far all ive been buying is Fenix and jetbeam...BUT

But, I now would like to move up a bit maybe to something like a surefire!.. I have been doing alot of research about them and I have just found that they can be modded, everything from the lens..to the bore...to the tailcap.

It's like a brand new world, and I dont want to buy something on impulse especially considering the type of money I am considering of spending...I know you guys are all experienced and have probably been asked this before but all the threads I came upon were a few years old, and with technology constantly changing ... I guess It couldn't hurt to ask again...

What I'd like is quite simple...

A flashlight that can fit in my pocket while im off work.. like the 6P but that I can buy a drop-in for... if I am not mistaken I saw that there are drop-ins that can get me over 1,000 lumens 1 was at something like 1700 OTF..? ... I intend to be using 18650 cells to power my light. Also, I'd like a bezel that will be able to help dissipate the heat that the drop-in will be creating...... and is there any need for a different lens then what comes with the light.. or even a differnt head???

I havn't bought anything yet, looking for guidance on what/where I should buy..

I will be carrying this light EveryDay on my person... Either in my jeans/coat/or backpack whether it be at work (atm I am working construction during the day *so for this is there a good belt holster that I can get for it??* and I will be working security during the night which i'd also like to use that holster for!)...

Any help would be MUCH appreciated I want to get a really good light and feel totally good that I can rely on it!... Atm im just carrying either a preon 2 or a mini ML both from foursevens... they have been working fine but I am constantly finding myself needing MORE lumens ...

I realize 1700 lumens wouldn't be able to be throw for long before the light heated up but I'd definetly enjoy having the capability to throw that much from it if I needed to in a "situation" that called for it..

Thanks again!