We Need More Activity on the CPF Adventuring and Questing Site!

nbp

Flashaholic
In case you have not yet visited it, please check out the CPF A & Q site by clicking the GIANT link below. It's an awesome site, with lot of neat sub-forums for all kinds of outdoor activities and other adventures we flashaholics and gear junkies are into. Greta launched it about July 4, 2012, but after a rush of initial excitement and fun, it has really died down lately. I for one would love to see more new threads and discussion over there! :rock:

So come in and talk about your geocaching, camping, or kayaking adventures, your snowmobiling or off-roading expeditions, your road trips and family vacations, the gear, bags or clothes you like to use every day, or what you like to cook in the woods. All are welcome!!!

Come join us! :welcome: :welcome:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

I started 10 threads in cpfedcaq,, not sure if that's too much or not enough :) hehe

nbp

Flashaholic
For me, 13 threads and 7 blog posts. :nana:

Leon can't do everything!

david57strat

Enlightened
Thanks for reminding me of these forums. I became a member there, in September of last year, but tend not to frequent that site, very often.

One particular post that really intrigued me was the one entitled "Explore Storm Drains. I would love to go walk some storm drains with all my lights, and a camera, and take a xillion pictures; but I'm just not sure where I would actually find them, here in Huntington Beach. I would imagine they're all blocked off, with the city being paranoid about people walking through them, and the liability associated with that.

Kind of a bummer, when I think that most parks have a curfew, as well. You're not supposed to walk through the park after dusk - and that's the funnest time to go to the park - especially with a good flashlight, or two! Same with the beach! What ever happened to the signs that said "use at your own risk". Big Brother....I'll tall ya.

Anyway, I'll pay another visit there, to see what's cooking - maybe even put in a couple of posts :)

I remember - Greta had posted some pretty amazing pictures, on that site. You've got to check them out!

Greta

Flashaholic
It's been awhile since I've had a chance to upload pictures although I still take plenty of them. Life has taken some different twists over the past year and our adventures have been more along the lines of trying to adjust to life's changes rather than going out and doing the things we enjoy most. I guess that in itself is an adventure, eh?

Anyway… I have a pretty cool thread over there on my last great adventure… Operation Bunny Run!. I'm going to go now and post some updates and pictures to it. It was an amazing trip… and one of the most rewarding things I've ever done in my life!

david57strat

Enlightened
It's been awhile since I've had a chance to upload pictures although I still take plenty of them. Life has taken some different twists over the past year and our adventures have been more along the lines of trying to adjust to life's changes rather than going out and doing the things we enjoy most. I guess that in itself is an adventure, eh?

Anyway… I have a pretty cool thread over there on my last great adventure… Operation Bunny Run!. I'm going to go now and post some updates and pictures to it. It was an amazing trip… and one of the most rewarding things I've ever done in my life!

I visited this link, a little while ago. Great read and adorable pictures! Thanks for sharing!

nbp

Flashaholic
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/340685

There is a good chance the Adventuring and Questing site will be taken offline permanently. Greta has agreed to reopen it for a time at some point so that we can scavenge any threads and posts we want. Please keep tuned for this announcement and if you are so inclined, feel free to copy and repost any threads of interest in the relevant subforum over here to preserve the data and keep the discussions going. Thanks!