• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTS: Mac's Mini HID HA (SOLD), McGizmo Makai (SOLD)

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need to recoup some funds from recent purchases so I am putting up a few lights. I normally would not be selling these as they are really nice pieces.

The normal rules apply:
First posted "I'll take it!" gets the item.
Prompt PayPal payment expected.
US Conus shipping is included.
International add $10 for first class shipping or $40 for Express shipping w/ tracking. Please note that without purchasing the Express w/ Tracking I can not assume any responsibility once the item has shipped.

1) McGizmo Makai with DatiLED XM-L2 light engine and 9 trit slots in tail.
I purchased this light about a month ago and have enjoyed owning it.
The DatiLED drop-in features a neutral XM-L2 T6-3C 5000K with a 3-level 1.5A driver. I have noticed that the driver utilizes PWM for the lower levels, but the PWM frequency is so high that you can barely tell it's there even if you try real hard (That is impressive). The engine supports IMR16340 cells for full power usage and I have run it for ~10 minutes on high with no excessive heat generation. The light also supports regular CR123 cells at a reduced output.
There is a blue GITD ring around the LED.
I have made a change to the light engine by shimming the mPCB up just a touch with a copper shim which has put the XM-L2 in a much more ideal place for optimized throw focus while maintaining a nice corona and flood.
The trit slots in the tail are milled for 6mm trits and features a multiple color trit scheme as shown in the pictures below.
I would rate this light in excellent condition.

Price $550 $525 SOLD

McGizmo_Makai_Trits_01.JPG

McGizmo_Makai_Trits_02.JPG

McGizmo_Makai_Trits_03.JPG

McGizmo_Makai_Trits_04.JPG

2) Next is a Mac's mini-HID I purchased a while back with a really cool HA finish. The HA on all of the parts matches very well and is very appealing. The light came with the original Welch-Allyn 10W HID system. I upgraded this to a newer generation Ushio Solarc NGX 14W HID. The NGX HID system features a fully regulated 14W ballast that provides constant regulation throughout the entire run of the battery. Compared with the original 10W HID system it is both brighter and has a slightly warmer color temperature. I am also including a new spare M10N003 14W HID bulb with dome.
The light is powered by a FM 3x14500 battery holder. I will include 3 x AW IMR14500 cells less than a year old with only a few cycles for all CONUS purchases (sorry I can't ship these international).

For those not aware of this light, Mac made several runs of these lights in the 2008-2010ish time frame. They are some of the smallest HIDs out there and have amazing throw. This HID will out throw any XM-L2 light out there. I've easily thrown it 150-200 yards across a lake and had it clearly illuminate the tree line on the other side.

Price $260 $250 $240 $235 $230 $225 SOLD

Mac_Mini_HID_HA_01.JPG

BTW - what appears as a huge mar on the reflector is not. I think it's just a reflection of the frosted end of the dome of the HID. The lens and reflector are in great condition.
Mac_Mini_HID_HA_02.JPG

Last edited:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS: Mac's Mini HID HA, McGizmo Makai w/ XM-L2 upgrade

Thanks RedLed. PM received. I will consider your offer along with the others I have received on the Makai.

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast

What a snazzy Makai. I have made a long term plan involving multiple pieces and must stick to it as my name has come to the top of a list.

Sean is a wonderful guy to deal with, and that price is silly. I want nothing more than to break my plan and snag this at the moment.

obi

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Jay - I really think you (and all other lookers) should give in to their flashaholic impulses and buy it. ;)

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS: Mac's Mini HID HA, McGizmo Makai w/ DaitLED XM-L2 upgrade (Price Drops)

If my 007 didn't need repairs plus my recent Oveready purchase, I'd seriously consider buying the Makai back.

I thought the throw was already very tight before Sean mentioned it was slightly out of focus. If I could I'd buy it just to see how it had improved.

The trit work is also very nicely done, probably the only one Mohan had done with 9 trits in the tail.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS: Mac's Mini HID HA, McGizmo Makai w/ DaitLED XM-L2 upgrade (Price Drops)

Ryan,

As much as I would love for you to buy the light just to see the beam I will make it a little easier. So here is a quick shot I took in my garage to show profile.

McGizmo_Makai_Trits_05.JPG

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the shot, Sean. That beam is a lot tighter than I remembered.

It's surprising the light is still here, the trits alone were around $80!

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

I know - and trits slot cuts cost a minimum of $10 per slot totalling about $160-$170 of custom work. Whadda you gonna do?

The Makai is stunning, Sean. If I had the funds now I'd scoop it up in a heartbeat. Can't imagine it will make it through the rest of the weekend.

Lam

Newly Enlightened

McGizmo Makai
I can not any more.
"I'll take it!"
My first McGizmo

I send PM

Lam

Newly Enlightened

McGizmo Makai
"I'll take it!"
My first McGizmo, i love it!

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

Lam, you can not send PM's until you have three approved posts.

Bill

Lam

Newly Enlightened

PM send.:thumbsup:
Thanks