Will the Streamlight TL-2 Xenon bezel fit....

gncamama

Newly Enlightened
Hullo folks,

I was wondering if:

1) A Streamlight TL-2 Xenon bezel will fit on a UBH or McLux 3x123 battery pack (or an E2 body as the threads are similar) and, if it does, can it focus all the way down to spot or at least so it won't have a donut-shaped output? I remember a while back that someone posted that a Scorpion bezel will fit on an E2 body though it couldn't be focused all the way down to spot; I was wondering if Streamlight kept the same diameter and threading with their TL series.

2) If the bezel does fit, can the TL-3 bulb be used in the TL-2 Xenon bezel? I'm assuming the bulbs are similar other than for the voltage needed and brightness.

I'm hoping to put the a TL-2 bezel on a UBH or 3x123 McLux pack and use a TL-3 bulb running on 3x123 batteries. The reviews for the TL-3 that I've read here fit what I'd want in a long throw light except I like to carry it bezel-down and the bezel is too big for me to EDC in any case. I currently use a UBH\P90 but the TL-series bezel can carry a spare bulb; also the oval beam of the P90 still bothers me somewhat. Thanks!

Regards,
Gilbert

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nobody out there has an E-series, UBH or McLux (or Scorpion!) and a TL-2 or TL-3 Xenon?

Inquiring minds want to know! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Jon

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TL-2 bezel does not fit on an E-series light. Not even close, as the TL-2's bulb socket and spring get in the way.

--dan

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hah, answers!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I don't care about the socket and spring - just the threading... Does the threading match at all?

Jon

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope. The TL-2 has external threads around the reflector, and the E2, etc have external threads around the body. There's bno way for them to attach (without some clever adaptor, etc).

--dan

HunterSon

Enlightened
I couldn't budge the lower half of the bezel on mine. It is interesting to note that a E series bezel will fit on the tail of a TL-2, interesting but not useful.