Test/Review of Panasonic Pro Power AA

HKJ

Flashaholic
[size=+3]Panasonic Pro Power AA[/size]

DSC_2810.jpg

Official specifications (I could not find any real specifications):
  • Up to 80% longer lasting
  • Panasonic's Pro Power battery offers premium energy for your personal appliances.
  • Developed to provide reliable and dependable power, any place any time.
  • The improved capacity of the new Panasonic Pro Power battery has up to 80% extra performance compared to last years Alkaline ranges.
  • Premium alkaline range: developed to provide reliable and dependable power, any place any time.
  • Ideal for high and medium drain appliances.

Panasonic%20Pro%20Power%20AA-info.png

As can be seen on the numbers and on all the curves: alkaline batteries does not handle a high load very well.

DSC_2809.jpg

DSC_2811.jpg
DSC_2812.jpg

DSC_2813.jpg

DSC_2814.jpg

DSC_2815.jpg

Panasonic%20Pro%20Power%20AA-Capacity.png

Panasonic%20Pro%20Power%20AA-CapacityTime.png

Panasonic%20Pro%20Power%20AA-CapacityTimeHours.png

Panasonic%20Pro%20Power%20AA-Energy.png

[size=+3]Conclusion[/size]

According to specifications, these batteries are much better than anything Panasonic has sold before, but looking at the curves they are not very impressive for flashlight usage.
Being the first alkalines I test, I cannot say how well they compare to other brands.

[size=+3]Notes and links[/size]

How is the test done and how to read the charts
Comparison of AA battery chemistries

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent test review. HKJ! :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot. Hope you will be able to review other brand's AA batteries. :)

HKJ

Flashaholic
Thanks a lot. Hope you will be able to review other brand's AA batteries. :)

I plan to test AAA, AA, C and D of the Panasonic Pro Power, I do also have test data from Energizer lithium-iron (i.e. 1.5 volt) batteries.
Later on I expect to test Duracell AAA and AA.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
no internal resistance test? Or does it not matter so much with alkaline batteries?

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
Amazing the capacity difference between high and low currents. Just goes to show you how dumb it is to run Alkaline cells in a high output flashlight. Quality Ni-mh cells there is not a large difference in capacity at various discharge currents.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Amazing the capacity difference between high and low currents. Just goes to show you how dumb it is to run Alkaline cells in a high output flashlight. Quality Ni-mh cells there is not a large difference in capacity at various discharge currents.

Yes, either NiMH or Lithium.

HKJ

Flashaholic

spotlight76

Newly Enlightened
I thought there is an easier way than using a power supply :). Usually devices than need more power (such as blood pressure monitors, toys, flashlights, electrical toothbrush) use more current than devices that need less power such as digital audio recorders and radio, or it has also to do with the volt being 1.5 and 1.2 and difference plays a greater role in which battery is best?