Only ten surefire lights.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking of cutting down my collection (not that drastically, relax guys) and would like to know what the top ten surefire lights are in your opinion.
Here's my list, no real order

1. Hellfighter
2. 4 flat A2-YG
3. M4
4. C2 KT1 and SW01 fatty
5. E2D
6. E1e
7. A2L
8. Saint
9. Original 6P (roundbody)
10. Some special or commemorative, or prototype.

Last edited:

WilsonCQB1911

Enlightened
Well, my top SF lights may differ from what your top lights would be, but in no order:

T1A
Minimus Vision
E1B
EB1T
A2

Those are my must-haves. And frankly, the A2 is more about nostalgia than actual performance in today's world. When i first bought one it was awesome, now its old tech. I like the P60 hosts like C2 and 6P, but could live without them. Same with the LX2 and E2DL. I have an E1L on the way, and expect to like it a lot, but it's not that different from an E1B or EB1T.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
James can I get dibs on the AA e-series, unless that would be on the number 10 spot.:whistle:

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
So are the lights going down South to Rat? I don't have 10 models, but I like the 6p, 9p, C2, Z2 models.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine would be:

1. M6
2. 12ZM
3. E2e
4. 9P
5. C2
6. G2
7. A2
8. LX2
9. E2DL Ultra
10. E2L

You feeling OK my friend?

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
L1 (gen 1-3)
L1 (gen 6)
E1L
E2L-AA
E2DL
E2L
Z2
C2
G2
6P

i own all lights on the list except the E2L. but i love my E1L, and E2L-AA, i know i would love the E2L too, but it would be redundant in my collection.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I'm thinking of cutting down my collection (not that drastically, relax guys) and would like to know what the top ten surefire lights are in your opinion.
Here's my list, no real order....

Ummm ... dibs? :devil: :lolsign:

OK, not in order,

• A2
• C2
• C3
• E1B
• E1E
• L1
• M6
• 6P
• T1A
• Z2

Last edited:

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry guys, having trouble with the new tapatalk, the WTB thing is supposed to be in my signature.

I'm not rushing to get rid of my collection, i was just thinking of what my collection would look like if i could only keep 10.
And if I'd want to do that.

Last edited:

uhsodium

Newly Enlightened
6P for it's classic and legolibility
A2 is a must, first LED- regulated Incan hybrid in the world.
M3/M3T for it's tactical
E1e for it's cuteness

then it would be:
M6
C2
LX2
E2D
Z2
12zm

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry guys, having trouble with the new tapatalk, the WTB thing is supposed to be in my signature.

I'm not rushing to get rid of my collection, i was just thinking of what my collection would look like if i could only keep 10.
And if I'd want to do that.

doubt you would be satisfied with only 10. lets be more realistic, and aim for around 20. :sssh:
there was a time when i sold off a majority or my lights and only had 6, thinking it would cover all my needs and wants. but i felt "light" as far as illumination tools were concerned.
i now have about 15 lights, its a few more than i want, but its just so hard to let any of them go. most serve a different purpose except the L1, which i have 5 of. but its also my favorite so i wanted some backups since theyre discontinued.

Darvis

Enlightened
most serve a different purpose except the L1, which i have 5 of. but its also my favorite so i wanted some backups since theyre discontinued.

LOL! Sounds like me.

Tough call, but I think I might be good with less than ten:

M6 with the Malkoff M60 drop-in (or FM Bi-Pin)
E1e or E1b, or many of both- I particularly like the E1e, though, since it runs on primaries, 3.0v RCRs, and 2AA with the McGizmo tube. The VME head also makes it very versitle
L1 (Various iterations)
C2, bored for 18mm with a Malkoff
And the lowly G2 Nitrolon, which I have scattered all over the place... don't know why, but I love these things

That would cover it for me provided you're thinking stock is not the only choice

Stock only, then there are only 3 I would care about:

E1e
E1b
L1

Last edited:

GrizzlyAdams

Enlightened
The only stock Surefires I have are an LX2, L1, and G2X. All the others are Malkoff modded, so I don't think they count. My old M3LT would be on my list too

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't have them but the only 10 sf's I really "need lol are...

L1
E1L*
T1A*
E2L-AA
KL5A on 6P body
x300u on E2 body
M6LT Guardian
LED Hellfire
HID Hellfire
R1 Lawman

*to be replaced with T1A-AA & E1L-AA when available.

T45

Enlightened
Hmmm, that is a tough one to answer...

6P
Z2
Z3
M3
G2
G2Z
C2
M4
E2D
T1A...one day I might get one.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
No special order....

M3
M4
M6
SW01
Winelight
6P
9P
G2
E1e
I only listed 9. I have multiple copies of most....

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm, that is a tough one to answer...

6P
Z2
Z3
M3
G2
G2Z
C2
M4
E2D
T1A...one day I might get one.

Yeah I've been waiting, you know I understand they've been discontinued, but haven't seen their value used/gray/new drop much if at all lately! Hurry up and start selling them cheaper!

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
In no particular order (however, I would argue one should have multiple 6P and/or C2 lights for different drop-ins at once on this list :)):

1. C2 (plus LX2 clip? winner!)
2. C3 (easier and less awkward to hold than a C2 honestly)
3. G3-FYL (the body color is quite visible... great!)
4. 6P (always a classic)
5. G2Z (the best two-cell Nitrolon model. Grip rings are great!)
6. Kroma (either MILSPEC or not, I own the non-MS and it's great)
7. LX2
8. P2XD Fury Defender (it's only as good as it can be when bored to 18mm)
9. U2 Ultra (actually pretty good for what it is!)
10. 9P ? (I have a 9P but it's not as favorable as my C3. I can't come up with a good tenth SF. I love 'em but I hardly use my 9P extended setup yet)

I'm sure the V2 Vampire, M4 Devastator, M3 Combat Light, and M6 deserve spots on my list but I don't own any of those... yet. I think a modded M1 Illuminator (modded to a white LED) could be on my list, too, but that's probably beyond the scope of the original intentions of listing your ten Surefires. :/

I'd say the first 9 in my list I would definitely keep no matter what. The 9P is redundant because of the C3 and G3-FYL.