I just temporarily blinded myself with an SRT3

passive101

Enlightened
My SRT3 just came and the seller included a fresh 123A primary cell so I could try it out right away. (I got my 650mah RCR123 charging on my new Intellicharger i2 that came today as well. First time with lithium rechargeables so this is new and fun.

I stood in front of my bathroom mirror to try out the different settings. Strobe is pretty bright as well as the high setting. that left me seeing spots for a bit :thumbsup:

I have an SRT5 ordered as well, but it won't be here for a few more days. The only things I wish were different on this light is if it could run more power to the red/blue LED during it's strobe. I think the output levels of both red and blue stand alone are good, but I wish the red had a smoother profile. Overall it will still work great for reading maps, compass, getting around in the dark, etc (especially in a vehicle at night)

Side note - I thought this light was much bigger then I expected until I realized it came with the AA extension tube already installed. After I realized that, I was even happier!

In the dark with a primary 123A it is bright enough to make you see a spot. It also has good side spill with a big hot spot which is exactly what I wanted and plenty of throw for my intended purpose.

UPDATE :party:It's brighter with an RCR123A :party:
This is the brightest light I have ever had by 200 lumens now

Last edited:

Pandorum

Newly Enlightened
I flashed my zebralight into my eyes once and got what is called a "ocular headache" induced from the light that lasted close to half an hour. Was a really weird experience along with seeing light burn spots in the eye also

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Really? I've been running my SRT5 on an 18650, but I wonder if it can be brighter on a pair of RCR's.

I always try a pair of 18350's if the light can take either an 18650 or two 16340's, etc.

:D