SRT3 wheel squeaking

passive101

Enlightened
My new SRT3 wheel is squeaking. It has not gotten wet at all. Is there anything I can do to try to lubricate the wheel? It's become a loud high pitched squeak. There is no way to not announce your presence with that or annoy everyone in the group you're walking with in the dark when it's quiet outside.

I hope mine is an oddball, because this is marketed towards LE, security, and self defense.

Last edited:

passive101

Enlightened
Does anyone know how long it takes Nitecore to get back with their email support?

I've also emailed the seller on Amazon I ordered the light from to find out about how his exchange policy works. I hope the next one doesn't do this as the light would be unusable for my needs :(

Last edited:

1jono

Newly Enlightened
Of absolutely no help to you I know but I thought i would mention that my SRT3 came DOA and also had a very rough and gritty selector ring.I returned it to the flashlight dealer I buy from and he replaced it no problem and the new one is fine with a smooth selector ring action.I hope that your's and mine are just the odd cases and not a sign of reliability problems.I'm in the UK and Amazon is very good at replacing faulty stuff even if its from an Amazon seller.
I hope you get yours sorted out without too much trouble.I have never tried to get in touch with Nitecore directly,perhaps someone else can chime in if they have experience of dealing with them.Cheers.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
The selector ring on my SRT 7 is silent and without friction. It´s clearly this issue falls under the warranty so it´s good that you sent your flashlight back to the seller for exchange. It has been discussed before here on the forums how one should do to take the SRT lights apart when the day comes when it´s time to lubricate them:thinking:,but i have not seen any how to assemble guides yet. I hope that someone will take one of these lights apart and make a how to assemble guide with pictures!