Surefire P2ZX Fury holster

signal 13

Enlightened
I bought a P2ZX for duty use and the only holster I could find for it was the V70. I don't like bezel-up carry since I carry my light on the front of my belt where I can access it with either hand if necessary. I prefer bezel-down since I don't have to make any adjustments and fumble with the light to get it in position to operate the tail cap with my thumb.

All the V70 did was make a lot of noise and chew up my tail cap. So I decided to make my own Blade-Tech-style bezel down Kydex holster with Tek-Lok belt attachment. This is my first Kydex project and after reheating and remolding this same piece about 20 times, I finally got it right! Still needs a little sanding work on the edges, but overall I'm pretty happy with it. It doesn't have to be too pretty since it's a duty holster!

For my next project I'm considering making a Kydex holster for the M6/M6LT... it might be a little big, but it's worth a shot!

Foskey

Newly Enlightened
Wow! That looks great! I, too, have been a little frustrated with the lack of options for holster for the Fury.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks good. I had the same problem with the V70 holster. It will chew a metal light all to pieces, but it doesn't put a scratch on Nitrolon even after a couple years of use. So I just started carrying a G2Z, and now a G2ZX for my belt light.

signal 13

Enlightened
Nice work Sig. I too use the V70 with my G2 as it does wear on the aluminum big time. Has anyone used the Blackhawk Night-Ops Flashlight Holder with Mod-U-Lok Attachment : http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Flashlight-Holder-wMod-U-Lok-Attachment,1013,127.htm

I used the Mod-U-Lok when it first came out but I ran it without the retention band because it took too long to get it out. All it took was my light popping off my belt one time to stop using that holster. I don't know if they improved it in any way since then.