Surefire KL7

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Anyone here have more info on the KL7. As with the the 8X, 8AX, & 8Nx, there doesn't seem a lot of enthusiasm for this product. If it uses the B90 battery, what level of output will this model provide?

Per PK's website, this model appears less the WWII German Army grenade profile and more like as FC. calls it "...a beercan." Its external dimensions is however the most streamlined and therefore less likely to snag on attire or carry pouches/holsters. It is also very close to the profile of the old 9N that I have routinely used since 1997.

Since it will use the B90 battery, it would make sense for me to make it the backup for my 9N but only if the run time is significantly longer.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
KT,

I wish I knew more about this fellow as well. It seems it will be the last out of the gate. From the 2003 cataloge, it does appear to be the sleekest of the line.

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the sf 8ax I put the streamlight stinger battery in it, it's got longer run time then the sf b90 battery,try it.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
I came to some of the same conclusions and observations as you did. I asked similar questions in this thread: Isn't anyone interested in the SF l7?

The same old speculation comes up again and again. I hope that the L7, when it does come out, will provide a KL5.5-ish beam at an L5.5-ish price. That would make a compelling step up from the L4 and provide a much more rational implementation of the KL6M4 configuration. While the 105 lumens of the 8AX does not stir the blood the ready rechargeability of the L7 unit makes it most attractive.

Wilkey

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I don't frequent CPF as much these days. Looks like my post is a dupe of yours. I didn't search at all before starting this thread. Moderators and administrators, please feel free to delete this thread if necessary.

llvo

Enlightened
I want the L7 package with rechargeable Li-ion battery and 5W LED

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't lock this thread. There's more content here, as short as it is, than in the other meager thread. That's just me. In any case, there's not much to discuss until this unit is released. As of yet, I have not received either replies or information from TW or Meridian regarding the L7.

Wilkey

kz1000s1

Enlightened
I'm interested. I love my 8AX and this would be a nice addition to it. The KL7 prototype I saw at SHOT looked as bright as any of the other KL's.

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
I just emailed Dan at TW, he claims total ignorance about the L7 also. I just wonder if it will debut this year or not, it's not looking very likely.