Opinions wanted on Streamlight led

stockwiz

Enlightened
One of the better one watt luxeons out there that's a good alternative to the streamlight task light or the CMG Reactor 3 would be the Elektro Lumens Illuma-Lux which is powered by a one watt luxeon and three AA batteries. I just ordered one from his site and have yet to get it. (ordered last wed) After 2 weeks of general browing as a flashlight newbie to find just the right one watt luxeon powered by AA's (that I don't have to mod) after reading less then steller reviews about the task light and it's hit or miss LED's and the CMG Reactor 3's fragile on off switch I stumbled upon this light which seems to have excellent output on a relative basis and would be perfect for what I intend to use it for... a light for around the house that has good usuable side spill.

Would be nice if the on off switch was near the bulb like the task light, but I can live with it.. the el cheapo 6 LED one I have now also has the switch in the back.

Of course, the twin tasks are another thing entirely.. I'll probably end up splurging and picking one up sometime down the road, although I don't own one, so let's here some feedback on them!

http://elektrolumens.com/Illuma_Lux/Illuma-Lux.html

http://www.elektrolumens.com/4_SALE/For_Sale.html

Zeppert

Enlightened
I think that for the price Streamlight makes great lights. I have a twin-task 3C and I like the versatility of the LED/xenon combination. The micro-faceted reflector shapes the beam pretty good and you can get up to 160 hours or something like that from the batteries.
Good Buy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

rlhess

Enlightened
I love the TL-3 incandescent and while the TL-3LED is great, I like the SF L4 (although it doesn't throw quite as far) LED better and it's only about $25 more. The L4 does have a different discharge curve with a lot of light longer, but doesn't maintain constant brightness as I don't think it's regulated.

I'm recommending the TT2L for car lights to anyone who will listen as I believe that car lights need to be lithium both in hot and cold climates. I haven't seen the light, but from what I've seen of other SL lights, it should be great. While the 3C has a bit more incandescent output, I would opt for the 2L with SF selling 123s for $1.25 each.

Cheers,

Richard

rycen

Enlightened
Not a very strong responce.I thought these would be a hit.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
rlhess said:
...The L4 does have a different discharge curve with a lot of light longer, but doesn't maintain constant brightness as I don't think it's regulated....

[/ QUOTE ]

Richard,

That's very disappointing; I thought the L4 was regulated. BTW, I lost my favorite L4 yesterday and I'm more upset about it than I ever imagined I would be.

Brightnorm

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't that backwards (maybe just worded wrong)?
L4=regulated
TL=not

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't that backwards (maybe just worded wrong)?
L4=regulated
TL=not

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
That was weird. Wonder why I said it twice.
That was weird. Wonder why I said it twice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

admedeus

Newly Enlightened
I'm very impressed with TT2L for the money. Like Richard said, could be the perfect glovebox light, unless you can afford A2's.

David

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not heard of anybody being disapointed with the twin task lights. The SL LS is great too...but there is the chance you could get a cat **** green one. I say take a chance.

Ken

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have (2) 1L TT, (2) 2L TT, 3C TT, 3AA TT, Task Light Luxeon, TL-2 LED, and last but not least, the TL-3 LED.

For the superb quality, usefullness, and overall cost/benefit ratio, they cannot be beaten by any light.

If you want to spend another $ 100, The SF A2 has a better switch than the TT 2L.

Of the three Luxeons, two were received with great color, the TL-2 LED was returned, and replaced with a nice one.

llvo

Enlightened
I think TL-3 LED is overpriced.

no regulation - direct drive
not enough throw and bulky.

TL-3 incandescent is a better deal.

Geode

Enlightened
rycen,

I have the TT 2L and like it so much that I have a TT 3C on the way to me. Very well built, for the money, and versatile.

The reviews you were referenced to are excellent and give you the "click pattern" for the on / off switch. IMO, the 3C has an excellent click pattern.

You will not be disappointed in getting the TTs, perhaps with the exception of the D cell, based solely upon what I have read on the CPF.

I also have a TL-3 on order based on what folks here have said.