Deprogrammed!!!

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
After messing around with my new 3mcp and my other Q-Beam the last couple of nights all my other lights seem so insignificant to me. So I must enter at least two days of detox!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Zeppert

Enlightened
Getting a little spoiled by that photon blaster are ya?
Yep that 3M Vector will do it to you every time. That's a whole bunch of light packed in there.

Just don't touch a X990 HID or you'll end up in rehab for months and months, and you may never go home!

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two days ago I had a dream about spotlights, flashlights, mods, etc. It's time for me to cut back before the big "L" on my forehead gets any bigger. I need to get control of my life before this spirals out of hand. I have to realize that it matters little if I can recite the detailed differences between lumens, lux or candlepower.

On the other hand that X990 HID sure looks interesting.

NightShift

Enlightened
I havent really had a good use for mine until tonight when my parents were trying to see a possum out the window. I ran into my room going for one of my blasters, but then decided we really need to see this guy so i grabbed my vector. Shined it outside and his eyes glowed and the expression on his face was like "BUSTED!" He was prolly like "woah, i thought it was night time??". Boy that thing was ugly looking...im kinda wishing i didnt get to see him so good.

richpalm

Banned
[ QUOTE ]
Dukester said:
After messing around with my new 3mcp and my other Q-Beam the last couple of nights all my other lights seem so insignificant to me. So I must enter at least two days of detox!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't say we didn't warn you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

The "big lights" have an addiction all their own-it's called FUN!

With all the lights in my collection, the big Vectors bring the biggest grin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Detox is for quitters, I just got this puppy in the mail LightForce 240 Blitz
fa69cbd5.jpg

Dorcy 1MCP along side for size comparison, now I just need to order a 24 volt 250 watt Osram bulb and a souped-up battery pack from BatteryStation and, and, and /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
GOOD LORDIE, I hate this site. It's like holding an AA meeting at a bar.

Looks like the "WOW" factor is pretty high even without it being lit. I think my kids would just scatter if they saw that.

phyhsuts

Enlightened
Woa! Sway, be careful with that 250W bulb. The Light Force uses a polymer reflector and polymer housing and they specifically warn against using any bulb of more than 100W in it for any length of time. It can cause distortion to the reflector. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Phyhsuts!

That's what I like about this place, post your plans and thoughts and you will get good educated info back. I didn't think the polymer reflector would take much more than seconds at a time but I just want to try it in this light and then it will go in my NELCO host that has a glass lenses and metal reflector. This is my first night with the LightForce and I can see it's throwing a use full spot out to 300yds in the tight focus /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the warning!

Sawy

Zeppert

Enlightened
Sway - You're gonna have a lot of fun with that light

Remember to look directly into the light to see how bright it is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Sway,

CAUTION!!!

Once you put the brighter bulb in you are committed and can
NEVER go back to the dark side...

Tom

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think for temporarily "spotting things" on the street, the 250 w bulb shouldn't be a problem. Phyhsuts has said on a previous post that this is best throwing incandescent spot he has, so it has to be good. So, the combination with a 250 bulb sounds perfect, IMHO, for occasional use only.