Please help question for Surefire UB3T owners?

Craig K

Enlightened
On the UB3T when the tail cap is fully tightened the light will be on Max brightness even if the selector ring is set on minimum is this correct?

I find i have to loosen the tail cap a bit to get the minimum levels of light is this correct?

Craig K

Enlightened
Thanks sbbsga for the quick answer,... is everyone,s like this?

Last edited:

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks sbbsga for the quick answer,... is everyone,s like this?

Should be. That's how the two-stage SureFire tactical switches work . . .

- Partial press for momentary low output (or as set on the selector ring of the UB3T)
- Full press for momentary high output

- Twist slightly for constant on low output (or as set on the selector ring of the UB3T)
- Twist further for constant on high output.

When the tailcap is twisted enough to trigger constant-on "low" output, a full press of the switch will always provide momentary high output.

The intent is that full output is always accessible at any time with a full press of the tail switch.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine works just like ^. Lower level around house/camp then full bright on twist or press. Nice light, isn't it?

Craig K

Enlightened
Mine works just like ^. Lower level around house/camp then full bright on twist or press. Nice light, isn't it?

Yeah I just got mine yesterday and man it is a very nice light,...thanks for the replies everyone.

Craig K

Enlightened
Just playing with my new UB3T a bit more tonight and WOW it is a awesome light great quality feel, fit and finish is excellent great beam with a nice white tint and very bright on high. I think my one has the old optic more throw and less spill but it still has OK spill I am loving this light.