selfmade high cri flooder

RC-Lights

Newly Enlightened
Hello guys,

last week i built a new flashlight.

here some pics:

i built in 6x Nichia 219 High CRI 4500K with B10 Binning, a 52mm 6x reflector, an ULC lense and a 5A driver with a 32650 lithium battery.

in the tailcap is a reverse clicky to switch the light on and off und to choose the modi.

so far from me,

best regards,

Michael

Hoop

Enlightened
Real nice machining. Did you make it on manual equipment or CNC? Is it stainless steel?

NICE! do you have any beam shots? also what driver are you using and how are the LEDs hooked up?

The led's are most definitely in parallel, as the power source is a single 32650.

RC-Lights

Newly Enlightened
thank you. Its all manual, but i dream of cnc machines *.*. Its aluminium, its easy to handle and real light, the wight of the light is only 230gramms.

The LEDs are parallel, its right. The driver is a lineardriver with AMC 7135 Chips and 5A. But it isnt allready here, so i cant do some Beamshots. But i will show as soon as possibly.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
You did a spectacular job on that! I can't imagine how nice it must be seeing the light from that torch :)

— Sent from my "not going to be released this century" iPad 62 'Quad' running iNOS (Apple's future neural interface OS) with the teleportation upgrade on Tapatalk 0.0.1.4 (beta) while Remote Desktop'd into Windows 98 SE.

LilKevin715

Enlightened
Wow that is really some beautiful machine work done there, nicely done!:thumbsup:

Can't wait to see the beamshots, it should produce a wonderful wall of light.

RC-Lights

Newly Enlightened
no, sorry, while full moon its to bright to do some good Beamshots. i will try it next week again.

Modder

Newly Enlightened
nice looking light !! did you also make a digital drawing before making it ? also, is there a source on this forum from the leds and drivers ? please let us know!

RC-Lights

Newly Enlightened
sorry for my late answer. I didn´t make some digital drawing before, i create these Lights in my Head :)

The driver is an linear driver with 10x AMC 7135. nothing special.

The LEDs are Nichia 219 with B10 Binning from illumination supply. Im sure, you´ll find it ;)

RC-Lights

Newly Enlightened
10x AMC7135 will give you about 3,5A, not 5A as declared in first post..

yes, i change the driver. Because the first one was a 5A driver, but only delivered 3A and was really inefficient. So i choose the linear-driver, because i use the torch in caves and there i need a big runtime.

vinsanity286

Newly Enlightened
Awsome light, it looks great! Any chance we could get some shots of the light disassembled?:poke:

Latest posts