• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired looking to fund someones monster light project

soraxd

Newly Enlightened
anyone looking to build a 16k+ monster light? im interested in such a light, and would love to fund your project. if youre currently working on, or plan to start such a project, please let me know!

biglights

Enlightened
anyone looking to build a 16k+ monster light? im interested in such a light, and would love to fund your project. if youre currently working on, or plan to start such a project, please let me know!

If you mean lumens, I know Wayne of ElektroLumens offers the Bruiser 9000 which is an absolute beast of a light. In my emails with him he said that he could do a 12000 lumen one also. Maybe check him out he is on the CPFM.

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think what we have here is somebody who is simply filthy rich and wants a fun project. If u think about it rich/famous people splurge on everything so why not flashlights? They have $10,000 blenders, watches, coffee makers, you name it. Perhaps just upgrading LEDs on an already designed production light is considered boring for soraxd. I think you should ask Vestureofblood. I asked him once about designing a ridiculous custom multi LED flood light from scratch and he was all for it. If money is no limit he would make a real monster

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll sell you this one...

hcg%20sale%20fla%20003.JPG

hcg%20sale%20fla%20005.JPG

This is the Elektro Lumens Kong-12-XML, designed and manufactured by Wayne Johnson.
Kong-12-XML has twelve Cree XML LEDs attached to a large aluminum heat sink, and mounted in the flashlight.
Kong-12-XML is powered from twelve 18650 Li-Ion batteries.
The batteries are arranged in three banks of four (series of four batteries). The 3 banks of four batteries power the twelve XML batteries, which are also wired in three banks of four.
The voltage is a nominal 16.8V, and I use a small amount of resistance to keep the power level at around 3A per bank, a total of 9 amps of power, or, around 151 watts of power.
Each LED is putting out around 1,000 lumens, for a total brightness on high power of around 12,000 lumens! For a brightness comparison, a European standard HID headlight is 2,200 lumens.

The beam is around 8 degrees, not a pencil beam but not a flood beam either, and there is a lot of side spill.

And here is a link to a YouTube Video describing this flashlight a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW3eI2amdN4

Youtube video of Kong-12-XML in action: => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1FplGNglGM

easilyled

Flashaholic
Personally, I think mash.m is your man. Amazing skills and ingenuity and really likes to push the boat out in his designs. Do a search for his projects, they're very impressive.

I've just bought a Black Bullet from him which he measured at over 1 million cds (lux per metre) which makes it the furthest throwing led light to date. :thumbsup: