Nitecore SRT7

Confederate

Enlightened
I recently purchased a Klarus ST11 and it's a great light with some good runtimes. But now I'm looking at the Nitecore SRT7. I not only like the brightness, but I'm wondering if the red, blue and green lights are of any practical value. Also, Nightcore's...interesting...insistence on providing lights with an infinite range of brightness from almost nothing to blinding intensity is done at some cost to runtime. And perhaps, who knows?, to its robustness. Add to that Nitecore's somewhat inflated view regarding its products' retail value.

But I don't want to get ahead of myself.

Most flashlights these days seem to be focused on brightness, whether it be flood or throw. And extended runtimes in really great lights leave me wondering, with some breathlessness, over how companies like Surefire and Pelican can offer their lights for the retail prices they do. (My local surplus store still sells a Surefire light around a hundred lumens or less for $65! One setting fits all.) If all other lights were junk, I could understand cops staying with Surefire and other overpriced lights, but I digress.

I've seen some of the reviews on this forum of the Nitecore SRT7, and the SRT3, and they seem like good lights. But for practical uses, like use in a bugout bag where batteries might eventually be a limited commodity, how would the Nitecore fare? I ask because my Klarus has an advertised runtime of 700 hours of moonlight, which is enough to read by in the dark, and my Olight M20 320 lumens has a 600+ estimated runtime on its lowest setting. In fact, my Olight is one of the most rugged lights I have, and my most used setting is its lowest setting, primary used to let the cat out in the middle of the night. (I hardly need 900 lumens for that!)

Anyway, any observations or views you think I might find illuminating regarding the Nitecore, please let me know. Now that it's been out awhile, I'd like to find out if it has any problems.

Thanks.

SwissJim

Newly Enlightened
Had mine a week now. I find it my PERFECT light. I read with the green, and use my red for preserving night vision using my telescope. The red-blue strobe is awesome for getting attention. I really love the smooth gain in brightness, rather than steps. The build is solid and the quality is excellent. My SRT7 and TM26 have become my companions. No connection with Nitecore, just a guy in Vermont!