Top Flashlight Manufacturers

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

Catching-up on my e-mail tonight. Just read one asking me for a list of "...top flashlight manufacturers" (sender's words). There was no criteria specified, but my guess is that established producers that make the flashlight continually will fill the roster.

Let's help out this individual. Sounds like a quantity purchase for an organization. I'll ask for more details with my reply. Here is my short list in alphabetical order considering build quality, light product output, and product line variety.

Note: Although I don't have any experience witht the Pila products, I included them at the recommendation of someone whose opinion I trust.

Chime in with any details, opinions, and experience.

Arc Flashlight, LLC
Mag Instrument, Inc.
Permalight (Asia) Co., Ltd. (Pila)
Streamlight, Inc.
Surefire, LLC
Tigerlight, Inc.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eveready, Garrity, Dorcy, LRI.(photon).Not high quality but G.E. and coleman produce flashlights. Panasonic makes flashlights. NEXT??

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gee,

That's funny. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I thought that there were only three flashlight companies in the entire world:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif Arc Flashlight
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif SureFire
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif TigerLight

Hmm . . . there are more? Nah. I don't believe it. Are you people sure? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
I think it's best to find out first what kind of organization and what they want the lights for. If it's some kind of duty light, Streamlight rechargeables (there's a wide range of models) seem to be king of the hill.

Empath

Flashaholic
Brinkmann holds the rights to and manufactures the Legend, which is the latest incarnation of the legendary Kel-Lite.

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight is a hands down winner a far as having probably a much larger product line than any other flashlight company out there as far as I know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Also, they probably have the biggest offering as far as rechargeables go.

Ooops, I see Streamlight was already mentioned above... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arc and Surefire tied for 1st
Electrolumens, never had one, just going off of what I have heard
Streamlight
Pila

Latest posts