unmentioned great LED flashlight

robk

Enlightened
Am I the only one who thinks the Streamlight TL-2 LED is one of the best production LED lights? My first one was a bit off color, so I put a Q3J in it and it was nice and white and because of the stippled reflector, it threw quite a nice beam. I ordered another, and to my surprise, it was brighter and whiter than my modified TL-2. No mods necessary, a near perfect 2x123 LED light that has a nice clip, good anodize, and very good throw for a 1W. I've got many other lights, brighter, bigger, Arcs, Surefires, etc. But this little light is my favorvite , at least for this month. Good run-time (3 1/2 to 4 hours) with a great white spot with usable spill. At about $60, I think it's a great deal.
Rob

richpalm

Banned
Don't have one but the one I saw was nice... can't wait 'till this Luxeon lottery is a thing of the past.

Anyone know what bin Streamlight uses in these? Now that I've got *some* LED knowledge, I'm shy of production lights now.

Rich

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I the only one who thinks the Streamlight TL-2 LED is one of the best production LED lights? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Nope, you are not alone. The TL-3 LED is one of my favorites also.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
im with ya, robk.

mine is white, tight and smooth--wonderful beam. it also has a super bright spill. mine falls just slightly short of my tec 40's in lux readings. amazing for an LED.

worth every penny.

Bob

HunterSon

Enlightened
While the TL-2 is not my favorite light (well maybe) it is the one I reach for when I need a light for some serious work. Long runtime, good beam and since it is relatively inexpensive (compared to my McLux PR) I don't mind if I get it dirty or dinged. Oh yea, it's got a killer warrantee too.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I think this is a good flashlight too, though admittedly, I haven't used it as much as some others have. I get so many flashlights to test, I can't possibly gather them all up and use them all everytime I need a flashlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

The flashlight is right here if you're interested.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I think Streamlight did a remarkably good job on their TL series and the TL-2 xenon & TL-3 xenon are among my favorite lights, but the TL-2 LED is one of my least prized LEDs. I find its narrow focused beam less useful than most of my other LEDs and when I enlarge the beam it is dimmer than other good 1 watters. I will be giving it to a friend who likes it. OTOH I've used the TL-3 LED with pleasure despite its top heavy design and the fact that it has noticeably (and measurably) less output than my PM6 McModule.

Brightnorm