This is pretty funny

SurefireM6

Enlightened
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3202329503&category=135

I guess the Navy Seal didn't use it over there, it's still new in plastic! And it's not the Deep Submersible type. Another case of Non-Truth in advertising. I love the last line: "AND IS UN-ISSUED." So....was it issued to the Navy Seal or not? LOL.

I'm thinking of changing my SF Weaponlight to a deep submersible type. Does anyone have any information or actually have one they could talk about? Thanks.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I thought the major difference for deep submersible was the stiffened Pressure Switch "K" option. Other then that, the deep submersion "H" option WeaponLights have been tested to 150 feet water depth I believe. The "N" Option have been tested to 100 feet water depth.

My understanding is that with regards to WeaponLights, the K Option Switches are optional for N rated models, however, H Option models require K Option Switches.

I'm the first to admit I've not been briefed on this issue and that there is some confusion both for me, and it appears online Dealers.

Al

SurefireM6

Enlightened
Is that the only difference? I was thinking of going to the millenium series weaponlights but I wonder about it's water tightness with the slimline pressure switch. I need most of my stuff to be rugged and waterproof. Some of the SF lights I have are not waterproof
frown.gif

Al, I have s few 6PNs and I can't tell any differece with other 6Ps I have. Do you know what the differences are? Are 6PNs just tested and it passed the test?

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
99% of the "Navy SEAL" issued line is B.S. Having worked with a formal Naval Special Warfare type, I can tell you that a majority of the so-called "official Navy SEAL issued" equipment is all B.S.
--dan

Size15's

Flashaholic
Dano,

SureFire do make "DEV Group" varients and do list them. Whether you can get hold of one is a different matter (since it has to be tested to 150ft waterproof I believe)

I agree that people will put SEAL on any product after painting it black in order that mall ninjas will buy it. However, I believe that in this case, if it comes with the correct documentation from SureFire, it is possible to get hold of a SureFire model designed and rated so that Navy SEALs can use it. (Whether they actually do or not we'll have to take SureFire's word)

Al

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
True...But contrary to popular belief, a majority or the super-secret-squirrel equipment is the same stuff that the regular folks use (with some exceptions).

Unfortunately, the "Navy SEAL" tagline seems to come up on all sorts of items, and a lot of people buy into the hype...

--dan

SurefireM6

Enlightened
I've heard once before that a company will give one of their products to a Navy SEAL operator and then he can legally claim that their product is "Issued" or "Used" by them.

Like I can give a real SEAL operator a pencil and then claim that these pencils are used by the seals! LOL too funny. It really is targeted to the wannabe type.

Albany Tom

Enlightened
Actually, I can't believe anyone can put "deep submersible" and "150ft" in the same paragraph, and keep a straight face.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I guess it's relative right? Just how deep does one need to take a weapon and WeaponLight? Obviously it's deeper the 33 metres since there is already an option for that rating.

"Due to Navy specifications, this light is submersible to a depth of 150 feet. The SureFire Military Model is now in service with the Navy SEALs on their SIGs."

I'm assuming that the "deep submersion" "H" Option refers to the model that meets and exceeds the Navy Specs.

I thought that "N" stood for "Navy" but if "N" was 100ft and the Navy specs call for 150ft then I'm confused.

I will seek clarification on this issue.