SureFire International Warranty

Mathiashogevold

Enlightened
Hi,

I have a SureFire L5. The tailcap is a Z58. The tailcap broke from normal use.

I have tried to contact the local Norwegian dealer of SF, where i bought my L5, but i doesn't get any positive answer.

I have tried to contact Surefire directly, but haven't ever gotten any answer.

How does SF treat international SF owners? I don't like this, as i'm always told about the ''fantastic'' SF no-hassle guarantee...

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
Hi,

I have a SureFire L5. The tailcap is a Z58. The tailcap broke from normal use.

I have tried to contact the local Norwegian dealer of SF, where i bought my L5, but i doesn't get any positive answer.

I have tried to contact Surefire directly, but haven't ever gotten any answer.

How does SF treat international SF owners? I don't like this, as i'm always told about the ''fantastic'' SF no-hassle guarantee...

Did you e-mail them? They are not very responsive to e-mails, but if you call them they are extremely helpful.

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the UK my experience is that they never return email and on the phone just tell you to send in the whole light (to the USA!) regardless of the problem.

Its only my experience with them, you may have better luck.

GunnarGG

Enlightened
I emailed them about my G2X pro that had some modeskipping and got a new tailcap.
They answered my email within 24 h IIRC, had me doing the paperclip test and after one more mail they sent me the tailcap.
It was an email adress for international customers and I thought that maybe they answered that adress better.

Mathiashogevold

Enlightened
Thanks. I have tried to contact them that way before. No answer. Tried to contact them that way 4 days ago, they still havent answered that either. I'm absolutely not satisfied With SF's customer service.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
Thanks. I have tried to contact them that way before. No answer. Tried to contact them that way 4 days ago, they still havent answered that either. I'm absolutely not satisfied With SF's customer service.

If I tried to contact them via the online form once and they did not get back to me, I would not be surprised of they did not respond to me when I did the same thing a few days later.

Here is the number listed for international warranty inquiries: 714-545-9444

Lucky Jim

Newly Enlightened
It took me a couple of e-mails but Surefire did respond to me and subsequently repaired my light. I did remind them in my second message that they had a good reputation for customer service which I was hoping they would demonstrate. If I recall correctly, they gave me a reference number to quote when I sent the light to them. It came back reasonably fast in full working order.

nzgunnie

Enlightened
I'm in New Zealand and they eventually replied to my emails and sent me a replacement tail cap.

It was hard getting a response and took quite a long time, but never the less they sent me one for free, no questions asked. I wasn't asked to return the whole light either, but it was a G2 with an obviously faulty tail cap so there wasn't much point in doing that.

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some reported that they eventually replied. When did all this happen? Recently?

I know I have been advised to call but if they are going to advertise an email for warranty communication, it is defeating the purpose if they don't reply.

I have stopped buying new Surefire for now.

ARA

Enlightened
My Surefire M6's tailcap had a loose spring which fell out periodically. Sent them emails along with pics which were not responded. Eventually called them in early June and explained to them my predicament. No questions asked they agreed to ship over a new replacement cap. Since i reside in South East Asia I requested that they send it via insured mail to ensure delivery which i was ready to pay for. They even paid for that. Sent me an email alongwith the tracking number. Got delivery in 5 days flat.

Don't know about others but i call it top notch service. I know for a fact that i can count on them to make my flashlights operational no matter what the problem may be. Am gonna be a customer for life now.

Be nice, honest and call them you'll be surprised how pleasant and easy it can be.

Cheers

P.S.
They even included a Surefire Decal with the tailcap. Surefire Rocks :thumbsup:

Last edited:

1nterceptor

Newly Enlightened
My Surefire M6's tailcap had a loose spring which fell out periodically. Sent them emails along with pics which were not responded. Eventually called them in early June and explained to them my predicament. No questions asked they agreed to ship over a new replacement cap. Since i reside in South East Asia I requested that they send it via insured mail to ensure delivery which i was ready to pay for. They even paid for that. Sent me an email alongwith the tracking number. Got delivery in 5 days flat.

Don't know about others but i call it top notch service. I know for a fact that i can count on them to make my flashlights operational no matter what the problem may be. Am gonna be a customer for life now.

Be nice, honest and call them you'll be surprised how pleasant and easy it can be.

Cheers

P.S.
They even included a Surefire Decal with the tailcap. Surefire Rocks :thumbsup:

In your 2nd paragraph you praised them for their customer service, but in your 1st
paragraph you said they ignored your emails.

I'm assuming they don't answer the phone 24 hours of the day, so for international
customers not in the same time period, sorry. You have to stay up till 3am in the
morning to call us. :)

ARA

Enlightened
In your 2nd paragraph you praised them for their customer service, but in your 1st
paragraph you said they ignored your emails.

I'm assuming they don't answer the phone 24 hours of the day, so for international
customers not in the same time period, sorry. You have to stay up till 3am in the
morning to call us. :)

You are correct. But i was also aware that they seldom respond to emails (thanks to CPF) hence was mentally prepared to call and yes it was late for me as well. :)

What i do appreciate is the no hassles service i got once i spoke to someone on the phone. No questions asked, they just asked for my shipping address and said to expect it in the mail. Not many companies do that for their international customers. Most if not all do ask for proof of purchase. It is a big deal for me as it is difficult and expensive to order stuff from abroad.

(Off thread but might be of interest to others was a true customs declaration in the package. Don't remember it exactly but it did declare that this item was exempt from duty of any kind and was a replacement/warranty part exported under US/ITAR laws. I was not charged any duty or taxes on it)

Mathiashogevold

Enlightened
Okey, i need some help here...

I have tried to call them, but i can't get trough. All i get is ''The number is not in use''...

Mathiashogevold

Enlightened
I made it :) I just used another phone, and then i got trough.

SF was very helpful and sent me a new Z58. I also have a Laser Products 6P with a broken tailcap, so i asked them just for fun if they could help me out. They had a stock of Laser 6P tailcaps, and even sent me one of them. Great service :)

But their E-mail service is still a joke.

Mathiashogevold

Enlightened
Argh, this is sure making me crazy. Still haven't recieved the replacement parts. I'm giving up this Surefire warranty.