Can it be done?

Adron

Newly Enlightened
Okay, so I'm checking out McGizmo's home page and looking at some of the mods he's done, and I see this 123 batt holder he's done with two Arc LS heads on either end, and I say to myself,"Self, wouldn't it be nice to have a flashlight with a KL1 on one end of my E2e and the 'stock' bezel on the other?" Now, since I am new to the modding scene I thought I would ask the MAD SCIENTISTS at CPF. I don't know if this has been done before or if it's been attempted, but I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of this idea. Now, I have not the knowledge, time, work shop, equipment, nor time to attempt such an undertaking, so what do you mad scientists think it would cost to contract out? That is, of course, given the feasibility of such an undertaking. I await responses with baited breath. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

CNC Dan

Enlightened
If you want to run both off of the same battery, you will run into problems. If you are thinking of two battries, then that would be no problem.

Adron

Newly Enlightened
Well, the E2e body holds two 123 cells, so I guess it would be feasible to run each light off of it's own single 123 cell. What I'm hoping to accomplish by this is to have access to the LED and incandescent without changing flashlights. With that being said, the more I think about this the more I think it might be a lot of work just to avoid carrying two flashlights. Of course, carrying two lights wouldn't be all that bad. I just need more pockets.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I have a scratch-built, double-ended combo with a P90/91 at one end and 4 Nichias at the other. Screwing "on" the Nichias puts them in series with the SF LA, but doesn't draw enough current to even begin to light it. I think a resistored LS tailcap could be done for an E2, but the switching action would require some creativity. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Larry