Buying Surefire's in the UK

RoadKill

Newly Enlightened
Buying Surefire\'s in the UK

Anyone out there know of a mail order company in the UK that deals in Surefire?

I have to travel a fair distance to buy mine at the moment and would prefer to browse a catalogue and order over the internet.

Marty

kev1-1

Enlightened
Re: Buying Surefire\'s in the UK

I have used Niton999 as well. While they are a good company to deal with (good customer service) its expensive, and if you want anything other than what's on their site it will take weeks to arrive. I recently received an opaque cover after about 9 weeks!! Try www.meridiantactical.com in the U.S, they are EXCELLENT to deal with, much much cheaper and you get the stuff in 1-2 weeks.

RoadKill

Newly Enlightened

Perhaps I should have said Cheap Place! lol:) They want some money for them don't they!!

Only place I've found so far that is reasonably priced is http://www.silvermans.co.uk/

They only sell the 6P and 9P and lamp assemblies but they are well priced.

Marty

RoadKill

Newly Enlightened

Kev:-
Just had a look at meridian tactical. That's more like it!
What sort of cost has your shipping been?
Marty

kev1-1

Enlightened

Well, I had an M3, and spare MN10, shipped air mail ($200 insured) for $24/£15...not bad really!
grin.gif
It could be cheaper as Chris normally uses global priority I think, but I wanted insurance and that mean airmail. Only catch is you gamble with customs catching you or not. Even if they do though...its still way cheaper!
smile.gif
frown.gif

dirobesh

Enlightened

I've just emailed them for a quote for shipping to Scotland. I'll post their response when I receive it.

RoadKill

Newly Enlightened

Well at the prices they are charging if the customs get you so be it.
Think I might have to order from them.
Not sure what I want yet! Everything!!!
Thanks
Marty

dirobesh

Enlightened

Should also add that if you fancy an E2e elite + KL1 (and if not, WHY not?
smile.gif
), Pocketlights.com shipped mine in 6 days with nothing further to pay
wink.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mind if another one joins in?

I`ve bought from Heinnies before - great CS, fast shipping times but very spendy indeed.

I`m fond of Toolshop in Germany - they`re a little cheaper, charge you no shipping at all, no risk of customs invoices and it`s all convenient online-ordering - no waiting around for shipping quotes and having to e-mail/fax credit card details. The only drawbacks - the prices are still significantly higher than the US and they give no e-mail order confirmation. Still, you get a free mini-pack of Haribo Goldbears with every order, so that makes it alright!

grin.gif
tongue.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic

Seriously? I bet they are the real [German] Haribo Goldbären right?
That's it! I'm shopping with Toolshop from now on!
wink.gif

Real Goldbären:
goldbx2.JPG

Although my favourite Haribo are the Vampires:
Vampire0.JPG

Vampire2.JPG

I'm gonna get Tim to send me some sweets with the A2 I've got on order from him...

Al
winkie.GIF

dirobesh

Enlightened

Chris M. - how long did it take Toolshop to deliver your stuff? Their surefire 6P works out at around the £60 mark, which is the cheapest non- US price I've found, and I'd be willing to pay that if their delivery times are under a week.

I've bought a few items from the US in the past month and can't help feeling it's only a matter of time before customs gets wise to me.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think it took about a week last time, but longer the time before cos I missed the parcel-man and had to wait a whole extra 3 days to get my M3
frown.gif
They have a "traffic lights" stock avaliability indicator for each item. Green light means it`s good to go immediately. Yellow light means they can probably get it to you within a couple weeks and red light means they probably have to special-order it in and it could take ages. All the things I`ve ordered have been green-light items.

Al - yep it was those Goldbären that I got, but actually now I recall, the latest time I got Goldbaren clones - kind of "reproduction Goldbears" which were nice but not quite the same as the real thing. Never seen Haribo Vampire before!

Ever left a bag of Starmix in a car, in the sun, on a hot day? Don`t! You`ll come back to a bag of melted foam and jelly, but admittedly it doesn`t taste as bad as it looks
tongue.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic

Eric at TigerLight is working on a UK AC power supply adapter for my TigerLight. If your TigerLight arrives with a Continental European AC adapter then I suggest you contact TigerLight to let them know you'll be wanting a UK version too.
Like SureFires and StreamLights, the TigerLight comes with an Auto Adapter too so we're still able to recharge.

Al

RoadKill

Newly Enlightened

Thanks to all for the info.

Just ordered a nice shiney new 8" Tigerlight from Meridian.

Looking forward to it!!!!

Mmmmm

Marty

Ross

Enlightened

As this is a UK thread, thought i'd pop & say hi as well!
I have a tigerlight with the normal US charger and simply bought myself a US adaptor (from dixons, I think it was) which I plug into the wall & then plug the charger into that - Am I doing something wrong?? The adaptor cost 20 quid but it beats having to charge the light in the car all the time.
The adaptor isnt simply an adaptor btw, it drops the voltage to 120 as well!

Ross
freezing in Edinburgh

NJL

Newly Enlightened
Lytham St.Annes, Lancashire, United Kingdom

Last week I received a G2Z, ordered by a friend of mine who runs a UK gun shop. The torch came through Edgar Brothers who are the UK supplier. It took over three months :-(
At one point, I actually rang Edgar Brothers to see what was afoot & they recommended I buy over the Internet!!??? If the official supplier can't be arsed, then neither can I.

So.... next purchase for me will be via the U.S. without doubt.

Great torch though!!

kev1-1

Enlightened

Edgar Brothers supply Niton999 as well, and Niton's delivery time is controlled by them. I think they must get stuff shipped via boats, powered by sails made of net curtains, as this is the only way to explain their rubbish time lines. I am surprised though, that they didn't keep the G2Z in stock already!
Why are UK SureFires so expensive? Is it just the lack of competition?

dougmccoy

Enlightened

Hey Guys!
I will jump to Edgar Brothers defence here, not because I owe them anything but because I think it would help straighten things out.
1) Edgar Brothers do not normally sell to members of the public. They are Trade only!In other words they supply the guys who usually supply you, Niton, etc, etc.
2) They do sell single items at a reduced price to members of the armed services and the Emergency Services.This is done through their Military and Police Sales team.
3) For any items that they keep in stock they ship really quickly and I can vouch for it!
4) Surefire have been slow to supply them with LED bezels, KL1, KL2, KL3 etc and of the G2z's.
As I said they deal in bulk sales and their are a lot of US dealers that have not got KL1's etc so I do not think that they are at fault in this respect?

If any one wants to know I've dealt with them for over 18 months and bought almost everthing SF from them with no complaints. If there has been a hold up they have been honest and told me.

Doug